SureTrack Users General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Careful Bob, if that gov isn't set up right engine can run away. Get me serial number off of the machine and I can get you breakdown.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

I got it fixed. Inside the injector pump I found the end of the shaft that connects to the fuel shut off broken off. It connects to the plate seen in the picture When you shut the engine off 2 cam like devices pull back on the plate which pulls the fuel shut off valve closed. The plate got stuck under the linkage which is why it would not refire, that was a good thing as there would have been no way to shut it off. I fixed it by cutting a new grove in the end of the shaft so I could re-attach it to the plate and get the pinch bolt through. The re-adjusted the rest of the linkage a pump settings to compensate for the shaft now being a 1/8 inch shorter. Better than spending $3 grand on a new pump or waiting a week or so for parts and having to remove the pump to repair it. Stronger than before too since now the shaft has just one small notch cut in it instead of notched all the way around.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Matt
        • Dec 2008

Well done Bob. Looks like your shop sees a little bit of everything!

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

Ok, this is the second time that this has happened. This time it's an 08 Chevy 1500 Silverado, The air bag light is on. The vehicles starts and runs and all accessories work fine. I plug my Verus Edge in and it won't get codes from any of the low speed modules, won't talk to any of them but they obviously will talk to each other because everything is working. So I disconnect the first splice connector and I jump one module at a time they all communicate with the Verus until I plug in the second splice connector. Disconnect that one and I get it narrowed down to the SDM (air bag module). So I check the fuses and sure enough one of the SDM fuses is blown. Replace the fuse and everything's talking again. I scoped the low speed wire at the DLC and I can't see any difference between when things are talking and when the fuse is removed and they don't communicate with the Verus. Why does one fuse from the airbag module stop the communication with the Verus but not the communication between modules. This version 18.2. This is also the second GM vehicle that this has happened to me with, the other was a 13 Impala.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

When I think about it, this "read all codes" thing is causing me a lot of extra work. If I had just gone to read the airbag codes I would have seen the lack of communication with the SDM and gone straight to the fuse box instead of spending an hour chasing down a communication problem.

Comment

• GypsyR
              • Jul 2017

Sounds exactly like my luck. The rare times I don't go ahead and check the fuses early on will be the times when one is blown.

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

My summer ride has improved. I went from a 1970s all steel bike to a Trek carbon. I has a wireless speedo and tach. I learned something about my own torque curve, 80 rpm at the crank is more efficient than 60. I try to live car(e) free in the summer.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Bikes are awesome

My summer ride has improved. I went from a 1970s all steel bike to a Trek carbon. I has a wireless speedo and tach. I learned something about my own torque curve, 80 rpm at the crank is more efficient than 60. I try to live car(e) free in the summer.
                  Very Cool bike , I still have my light blue steel 1980 era "Swine World Sport, I occasionally ride on cooler days and to Summer Fests within 10 miles to drink beer and watch bands. Imagine that bike cost you more my new daily driver.
                  I have to give a Great Big Thumbs up and Thanks to all the Brave Cross wind fighting Men and women who make the Ultimate Sacrifice to commute by bikes all summer , take public transportation or drive Hybrid sub compact cars , to Insure the freedom of regular Joe Smoes and Jane Does to drive to work in air conditioned comfort. By your sacrifices of doing so ,you tip the supply and demand of summer gas just enough that regular folk like me don't have to pay the Ultimate Price for Regular.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Witsend; 06-16-2018, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

But Hollander said that the transmissions were the same ?? Not only different size cooling lines , the threads are different. 2012 t0 2014 Ram 66RFE, 2500 6.4.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.....
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Expensive comeback but Looseseal probably still cost you more in Ale La Moany unless Loosewheel caused a pile up on I-43

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

Not me, just brought here on a stretcher. Maybe an owner messup, dunno

Comment

• greasybob
                            • May 2008

I've had this Dorman AC line repair kit for many years and it has worked fairly well, a few failures on the larger lines. It can be hard to get the compression rings to slide on evenly on the larger lines. Not to mention the space needed to get the tool in. A little research last night and I found that there is now a compression fitting made for AC line repair/splicing. I think it's worth a try, looks easier than what I have now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

Strange one ??? I have 2016 Ford Transit Connect here that was rear ended (not hard ). It won't start, can't hear the fuel pump kick in. I scanned for codes, no engine codes but there is a B1492 in the BCM, Fuel Cut Off Event. The only info in Shop Key is to check for Air Bag codes. There are no Air Bag codes stored or other wise, same goes for Passenger Detection Module codes. There is no evidence of any airbags or seat belts deploying. I can't clear the B1492 from the BCM either. To get the vehicle to start and run I commanded the fuel pump on from the engine controls menu in my Verus so I know the fuel pump circuitry is good. The newer Fords no longer use an inertia switch, it's just a shut down command from the SDM to which ever module controls the fuel pump relay, in this case the BCM. On some previous Fords I think there was wire running directly from the Air Bag Module to the fuel pump control module to signal a need for shut down. So it looks like maybe a new BCM may be in order. I keep you posted.

Comment

• Witsend
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

Strange one ??? I have 2016 Ford Transit Connect here that was rear ended (not hard ). It won't start, can't hear the fuel pump kick in. I scanned for codes, no engine codes but there is a B1492 in the BCM, Fuel Cut Off Event. The only info in Shop Key is to check for Air Bag codes. There are no Air Bag codes stored or other wise, same goes for Passenger Detection Module codes. There is no evidence of any airbags or seat belts deploying. I can't clear the B1492 from the BCM either. To get the vehicle to start and run I commanded the fuel pump on from the engine controls menu in my Verus so I know the fuel pump circuitry is good. The newer Fords no longer use an inertia switch, it's just a shut down command from the SDM to which ever module controls the fuel pump relay, in this case the BCM. On some previous Fords I think there was wire running directly from the Air Bag Module to the fuel pump control module to signal a need for shut down. So it looks like maybe a new BCM may be in order. I keep you posted.
                                Some BMWs have a BST (Battery Safety Terminal ), and some VWs have a re settable breaker switch near the battery under the driver seat that trips if there is an impact. If nothing can be seen in the wiring diagram then I would probably at least try disconnecting the battery for awhile and touching the cables together to drain all the capacitors and see if the BCM might reset it's self.

Comment

Working...