Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jables2006
    • Dec 2015

Rats

2014 Grand Caravan. Chasing down a u0001 code. Keyless entry & ignition switch aren't working. Just came from another shop after 8000$ insurance claim. Yuk. Time to pull the dash.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

2014 Grand Caravan. Chasing down a u0001 code. Keyless entry & ignition switch aren't working. Just came from another shop after 8000$ insurance claim. Yuk. Time to pull the dash.
    I would Verify all my power and grounds and that all the fuses are in correct positions because the body shop was probably in there before

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by jables2006
      I'd be looking at the area where the accident damage was.I had a similar issue with a 14 Caravan,ended up being a cracked relay that then had corrosion in it.It was at the left front near the fuse panel.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Here's a simple tuneup Gravy Job P0303 and P0102

Figured simple 100 k maintainance I change the plugs and clean the MAF and throttle body on a 2007 Nissan Quest 3.5. Intake plenum missing a few bolts on the back Now I'm afraid to do a compression test.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Nissan 3.5 oil seepage in #3 sparkplug hole

After ordering a new Hitachi coil $38 and aftermarket right side valve cover $57 from Rock Auto(comes with upper tube seals and valvecover gasket, I take a look down the damn spark plug tube with my HF sewer camera and it appears the oil be leaking at the bottom of the spark plug tube where pressed onto the cylinder head, so now it is doubtful changing the valve cover with new gasket and the seals at top of the tubes will fix the oil seepage into the #3 sparkplug hole. I'ze Thinks I Beez F'N double Slepprocked with a future comeback if I don't address it now ....Wouzy Wouzy...
          I don't want to pull a head to go out to a machine shop for something that might run fine a few years before oil causes a repeat Any body know if you can actually pull the tube off the head and get a proper new replacement that still maintain proper press fit?

Nissan Spark plug Tube part number for this application 11095-31U0A
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Witsend; 03-27-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• jables2006
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Glide
            I'd be looking at the area where the accident damage was.I had a similar issue with a 14 Caravan,ended up being a cracked relay that then had corrosion in it.It was at the left front near the fuse panel.
            It was never in an accident. Just a prior 'ratcident' Theres a chewed up starbucks lid and a bunch of fluff way up in the dash you can see when you stand on your head. I'll check that relay down below the tipm.

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

When I saw "insurance claim" I thought accident. A ratcident will probably be worse.U-codes always suck if there are no other codes.

Comment

• jables2006
                • Dec 2015

Its a U0001 in the TIPM, which is always active, and it sets a B21A1 in both door modules. As far as I know, I should be able to ignore the door module codes.

Comment

• jables2006
                  • Dec 2015

Well, after having the complete dash out to inspect the harness. Unplugging one can bus module at a time, changing the win module, I'm at the conclusion it's gotta be the TIPM. Shopkey troubleshooting steps are retarded. Unplug the win module, then do your testing key on? Gimme a break.

Comment

• Witsend
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2012

Well, after having the complete dash out to inspect the harness. Unplugging one can bus module at a time, changing the win module, I'm at the conclusion it's gotta be the TIPM. Shopkey troubleshooting steps are retarded. Unplug the win module, then do your testing key on? Gimme a break.
                    Look at the wiring diagram to the TIPM, maybe one of the power switching (low current side )grounds for one of the TIPM relays was lost and was toasted on the internal circuit board during testing at the other shop when it had power jumped to it mistakenly as the load side with a power probe.
                    I did it on a 06 Chrysler Town and Country TIPM of my brother inlaw, but ran a fused wire from the relay terminal to provide a wired ground , so the van worked for years just fine with the jury rigged relay ground until he traded it in years later. Ask yourself, What would they do in Hacknsack NewJersey?

Comment

• jables2006
                      • Dec 2015

Welp. New tipm was working until I plugged in the Hvac & radio. Guess I better order another one.

Comment

Working...