Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Land Rover Programming or Coding???

Has anyone ever done programming for Land Rover through TOPIx using the PTP2? I can't seem to find something on it. Is it like FMP? Meaning you buy the $80 day pass and can program anything? I read somewhere that you have to buy the original tool and program, then subscription. Any input would be appreciated. I don't do these at all. So anyone with info on PTP2 and IDS SDD would be appreciated. I know cardaq supports it fully, but not sure if program comes with $80 day pass. Thanks !!!
  • ToltecasChavez
    • Apr 2011

Just to update. In the end I didn't do the programming since I wasn't sure. But Land Rover did contact me to let me know that I could program using any J2534 but since the Snap On is not in their list, they weren't 100% sure. So for now, I will leave this blank and maybe someone one day can share their experience and knowledge.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Land Roacher

I will be working on a 2006 LR3 HSE 4.4 to do some maintenance work soon on one with a tick over 130K . Issue is the 6 speed ZF6HP26 has a harsh 2-1 downshift after slowing down to a near stop and then starting to accelerate. Found TSBs for TCM reflashes to address the issues. Checked NASTF site and looks like some information can be accessed for free but 24 hour sub costs like a $167, and files reportedly could take 5 hours to download and an hour for installation and you might need to use an IDS. A sub for entire year is a little over a grand. That is purposely made BS to make it so you get sent to dealer, also so I really don't think doing a reflash to a TCM at this stage now at 130K is really going to make much difference and fix any typical harsh shift you get from worn out Fill for Life transmission fluid with Hi miles and a $200 trans filter siamesed into the bottom of an expensive plastic trans pan that takes over 3.5 hrs book time to change. Fluid price isn't too bad for the 2 and a half gallon container. Guess I'll wait with my Windows 10 Pro laptop to save my first aftermarket J box reflash experience for something a little bit easier, cheaper and quicker to get through the first time.
      Old version OS, 32 bit requirement, Old version Internet explorer, latest Adobe Flash Flash , Just ridiculous hoops to jump through to do this Sh@T

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

According to toolbox info, it takes 5 hours to instal IDS SDD. You can install the software beforehand which is available. Not sure if it's like Ford where it's free to download and install software, but you have to activate it afterwards by buying subscription. Another thing, Jaguar and Land Rover charge $80 a day and $370 a week! That's insane. After that, not sure how updating modules work or keys. Read somewhere I that programming keys is just like ford, 10 minute, erase all keys and program 2 keys MUST. Will never know bc I have never had to program one of these. Thanks for the info. Witsend

Comment

• Ruston11
          • Feb 2015

Jaguar

I attempted to install a used PCM on a 04 jag and after an all day download
          and the 80 dollar payment I was not able to complete the job. They require a
          locksmith ID number. I forget at the moment the proper term for the license required. The download was so large that is used a large chunk of my cell data for the month and then the loss of 80, I was pissed to say the least.......LOL
          Not a great Saturday for me.....Rusty

Comment

• bestdamgarage
            • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Ruston11
            I attempted to install a used PCM on a 04 jag and after an all day download
            and the 80 dollar payment I was not able to complete the job. They require a
            locksmith ID number. I forget at the moment the proper term for the license required. The download was so large that is used a large chunk of my cell data for the month and then the loss of 80, I was pissed to say the least.......LOL
            Not a great Saturday for me.....Rusty
            LSID Check out NASTF

Comment

Working...