X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Vantage Component testing wirelessly or Blue Tooth

NVH , chassis ear , voltage , current, and pressure , component testing on road wirelessly (except for the retractable wires of the probes that plug into the small programmable transmitter box that can be strapped out of harms way on the undercarriage. It could have memory to remotely record and possibly synched to the corresponding pid on scanner to see i f they both agree
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
    NVH , chassis ear , voltage , current, and pressure , component testing on road wirelessly (except for the retractable wires of the probes that plug into the small programmable transmitter box that can be strapped out of harms way on the undercarriage. It could have memory to remotely record and possibly synched to the corresponding pid on scanner to see i f they both agree
    Verus and Verdict are already capable of the wireless Vantage - like functions you speak of since upgrade 10.4 if you have the wireless scope module, which standalone is also a really nice voltmeter.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I'm not talking about an entire DVOM that has bluetooth . I'm talking about small blue tooth remote mounted scope node , maybe 2" x 3" that can be velcro strap mounted (magnetic mount would not work for sensitive electronics), it would have seal-able mini usb port, a led charge indicator, and maybe a several probe ports.For 2 channel scope leads. Hood can be closed and car driven . China could make em for a bout $40 a piece and hold off selling at Port Freight a few years , Snappy mean while could put the Snappy logo on the Plastic Fantastics and sell them at $350 a pop.
      Last edited by Witsend; 08-09-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

While we are on the subject of vantage, one ability of the original Vantage I found highly useful that has not been incorporated into any of SNAP on's scopes since is the ability to graph RPM.
        One good example of use is when checking transmission fluid pressures -
        Pressure at a certain port should be X psi at x rpm. the old vantage would give you a saveable graph of both at once in one tool.
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

Working...