Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Vacuum and compression waveforms

Would like to see compression and vacuum waveform and data analysis added to the Verus scope menu. I know this sounds complicated but it can be done with proper vacuum and pressure transducers. I've seen ATS E-Missfire in-use this and has convinced me that its needed. It would be a great add on to the scope. any feedback guys?
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
    Would like to see compression and vacuum waveform and data analysis added to the Verus scope menu. I know this sounds complicated but it can be done with proper vacuum and pressure transducers. I've seen ATS E-Missfire in-use this and has convinced me that its needed. It would be a great add on to the scope. any feedback guys?
    From what I hear, some of that stuff on the e missfire scope is patented.
    so it may not be so easy. There are some 3rd party software out there that can provide overlays to help with analysis. Look on AES site.
    One example: http://www.aeswave.com/Products/Prod...p?i=1033&ci=15
    Fellow IATN member Rod Maher has a piston chart overlay program
    and some other useful programs here:
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• DonWright
      • Mar 2015

yes a compression waveform viewer is needed very badly for running compression checks done with a pressure transducer!!
      or also called a waveform overlay tool!!!

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Snappy could have a full 4 channel diagnostic cranking test right off the Verus with dedicated menu like a Counselor 2 but multi-functional, of course Verus would already know any engine by VIN firing order, and overlays relative compression (hi amp probe), cranking vacuum (vacuum /pressure transducer) cam and crank sensor patterns. It could actually highlight areas of a pattern that differs significantly from a known pattern in a data base library and highlight the discrepancy.

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Pleasechoose
          From what I hear, some of that stuff on the e missfire scope is patented.
          sbobet mobile

For any iatn members, here's a good read on the subject: http://members.iatn.net/forums/searc...fm=1&fv=3&qv=0

Too bad a company like Snap On couldn't work out a deal with this author's software for the Verus and take the yellow tool company on and beat them at their own game.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

Working...