Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dryan
    • Jun 2014

Vantage pro & Printing

New user here, having problems printing, I have learned how to save the image but I can't print it from the VP, I have to remove the CF-2 card and load it into the PC then print.

Do I have to have shopscreen connect to do this?
    Attached Files
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I'm thinking you should download SSC for free and it will supply the Anally Proprietary Double Top Secret Driver ID that Windows is looking for, but be aware it might be able to detect you are running a Bootleg Version of Alldata or MOD repair software and throw a SO wrench into the works of that and have SO tool truck , FBI, and police knocking on your shop's door to confiscate your computer.
    Last edited by Witsend; 07-03-2014, 02:34 PM. Reason: illiteracy

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dryan
      New user here, having problems printing, I have learned how to save the image but I can't print it from the VP, I have to remove the CF-2 card and load it into the PC then print.

Do I have to have shopscreen connect to do this?
      Just stick a USB stick in it (before you turn it on.....you`ll see the USB stick light blip when it recognizes the USB is in there)
      Go to Manage files
      MOVE all files to the recognized device (you can select the files to save to the USB)
      Download ShopStream Connect (It is a FABULOUS program-!!! I wouldn't have even CONSIDERED SnapOn equipment without it-!!)
      ALL I use Shop Stream Connect for is viewing the movies....

Make a folder you want to store the files in (so YOU can find them later)
      Drag N Drop the files into the folder from the USB stick (including the movies).
      Don`t bother fumbling around with `connect to PC``

You can set the machine to SAVE TO...USB instead of CF-card
      You can set the machine to SAVE AS jpg instead of bitmap

ANY Windows computer can display the jpg files just in windows viewer
      Just about any printer can print the displayed jpg file too.

It really is easy....even for an old fart like ME-

The Solus-PRO and the Vantage-PRO are really very easy to use pieces of kit.
      I wish the Solus-ULTRA was as friendly....

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

You might have to go down to a one gig usb stick, or 500MB
        No problems with Lexar, Kingston and SnaDisk as long as they`re small enough

Comment

• Dryan
          • Jun 2014

I see nothing in the user's manual about SSC being required for the tool to print. Connecting the tool to a PC doe's require it.

In printer setup I have only 4 printer choice's , my printer is not on the list
          (hp psc 1210v). Maybe it's not compatable.

Still learning how to walk here!

I did get a usb keyboard to work.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

I see nothing in the user's manual about SSC being required for the tool to print. Connecting the tool to a PC doe's require it.

In printer setup I have only 4 printer choice's , my printer is not on the list
            (hp psc 1210v). Maybe it's not compatable.

Still learning how to walk here!

I did get a usb keyboard to work.
            Just set up the machine to save your files to USB and take them to the PC
            Playback the movies you make with SSC
            View and print the JPG's very very easily from the computer.....AND...your files will always be stored for future reference

Comment

• Dryan
              • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Crusty
              Just stick a USB stick in it (before you turn it on.....you`ll see the USB stick light blip when it recognizes the USB is in there)
              Go to Manage files
              MOVE all files to the recognized device (you can select the files to save to the USB)
              Download ShopStream Connect (It is a FABULOUS program-!!! I wouldn't have even CONSIDERED SnapOn equipment without it-!!)
              ALL I use Shop Stream Connect for is viewing the movies....

Make a folder you want to store the files in (so YOU can find them later)
              Drag N Drop the files into the folder from the USB stick (including the movies).
              Don`t bother fumbling around with `connect to PC``

You can set the machine to SAVE TO...USB instead of CF-card
              You can set the machine to SAVE AS jpg instead of bitmap

ANY Windows computer can display the jpg files just in windows viewer
              Just about any printer can print the displayed jpg file too.

It really is easy....even for an old fart like ME-

The Solus-PRO and the Vantage-PRO are really very easy to use pieces of kit.
              I wish the Solus-ULTRA was as friendly....
              OK, I installed the SSC and it works.
              In tool setup I chose "USB" to save files.
              I moved 2 files from tool to usb now installed in tool.
              removed usb from tool and installed in PC usb.
              opened SSC and it recognized usb and the 2 files were there (movies) and they worked.

Need to do some recording and snap shots for practice. re-naming, ect.

I may have got the folder bassackwards though. I made a folder on the usb stick.

Thanks for the push

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

OK, I installed the SSC and it works.
                In tool setup I chose "USB" to save files.
                I moved 2 files from tool to usb now installed in tool.
                removed usb from tool and installed in PC usb.
                opened SSC and it recognized usb and the 2 files were there (movies) and they worked.

Need to do some recording and snap shots for practice. re-naming, ect.

I may have got the folder bassackwards though. I made a folder on the usb stick.

Thanks for the push
                EXCELLENT-!!
                Steps in the right direction (I think)
                Hook it up and when you see a trace on the screen, hit the stylized "S" button and it should save the screen.
                You can setup the "S" button to do lots of things but I like the default setting where it immediately saves the screen.
                Now you'll have either a bitmap or a jpg depending on your setting which you can choose.

Just use the one folder on the USB stick. It'll probably say "USER" and then "DATA". Every file will have a Date/time stamp within itself and you can just take the USB stick to your PC and then create your own folders in there. Drag-N-Drop the files that you made as you worked on a vehicle, say from 8:30 to 9:15, into whatever folder you choose to sort and permanently save them.

Make the folders whatever makes sense to you. I use Customer Name, then within that Vehicle year and model, then within that I add Engine, Transmission, ABS, etc etc.

The USB stick will only hold 500 files in it's folder as Microsoft limits the number of files that can be kept in one folder to 500.
                Do your work, save away, copy to PC, back them up somewhere else, clear the USB stick.......and you're set to review the files on a full size monitor and you're also ready for the next vehicle.

HTH

Comment

Working...