Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ron514
    • Jan 2012

Recommendations on lap top for programming

I've got 3 lap tops. 1 hp 3 gig processor 160 gig HD 64 bit, 1 Compaq 1 gig processor and 120 gig HD 32 bit, Dell 1505e but needs HD and a slow processor, feel I'll be needing another lap top?
  • badcoupe
    • Jan 2011

As long as its win7 or older you're ok. I use a Sony vaio and it works fine. Just partition your HD for different manufacturers.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Get a newer laptop with Windows 7

I might put a SSD in that 3GB HP one but some of the HP DV 2000 s with AMD MOBOs had issues where the graphics card seat into it.
      The other ones if you reformat them , you may not be able to get XP back to the Service pack 3 level. Maybe Install Ubuntu so you can at least search internet and not worry about running antivirus bloatware . I feel that some of the malware , worms, viruses etc are false flag **** written by folk paid under the table to create the Sh@t for people that write anti virus programs so you have to pay something to prevent the sh@t that ever increasingly makes your computer slower and become obsolete quicker than it needs to be
      Last edited by Witsend; 07-14-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• dlm1
        • Jul 2014

Last year I acquired a Lenovo W-530, souped it up with a ssd internal mini hard drive, a 1 TB 7200rpm hard drive, 32 gigs of memory. Loaded a Fresh Win7pro 64 bit OPSYS on it direct from MS..no bloat, Proceeded to Install VPC and VM ware along with Virtual Xp mode(free if you run Win7pro)

It smokes thru everything I do. I loaded the Opsys on the ssd and run my Virtual`s out of the 1 tb drive-storage.

The Dell D-630`s are a good Laptop, cheap also, get the duo cpu. With a large drive and 3 gigs of memory. They work well and with a Program called BootIT baremetal ( terabytes Unlimited) You can partition off the Hard drive and have Literally Hundreds of "C: " drive`s available for different Configurations if you want "Native Installs" for your wares. Once you boot it, just pick the system you want to boot to Like GM, FordIDS, JLR IDS, VAG Group,Toyota-Honda,Volvo, etc.. Only drawback is that you have to reboot between Car Lines.

Comment

Working...