Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danchoi
    • Oct 2015

Sun Machine 400 Software

Hi guys any chance we could still get the Sun Machine 5.0 Software?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

think you might be SOL

Here's a guy on Ebay selling a pdf cd for sun 450. Maybe you can call the guy to take a another look or ask if he might be able sell you the entire hard drive from a retired unit.

Last edited by Witsend; 10-08-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• olegstar
      • May 2018

I also need the Sun 5.0 software

Hi,
      Were you able to find the 5.0 software? I just picked up the Sun Machine 450 from Craigslist. I am restoring it now.. All vacuum hoses turned to wax. CD rom drives don't work and I suspect the floppy drive is bad too. Hard drive tried to boot once, but failed.. I need to reload the software on the new drive that I bought. Is there a way you can share your copy (image) or tell me where you got it? Any other help is greatly appreciated..

Thank you,
      Oleg

Comment

• Greenthumb9666
        • Jul 2019

Sun 500

Hi I'm also restoring a 500 model sun diagnostic unit and am in need of a start up disk? Also has anyone ever tried to update the computer with a newer unit that emulated the old o/s ran on that would allow for a hdmi video port and newer ammeneties to better display the awesomeness of this older unit to better help this old feller eyes in reading the scopes also?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Greenthumb9666
          Hi I'm also restoring a 500 model sun diagnostic unit and am in need of a start up disk? Also has anyone ever tried to update the computer with a newer unit that emulated the old o/s ran on that would allow for a hdmi video port and newer ammeneties to better display the awesomeness of this older unit to better help this old feller eyes in reading the scopes also?
          The problem with using a new computer is that the motherboards won't have the open hardware slots for the SUN Machine boards.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• Greenthumb9666
            • Jul 2019

new comp

granted there isnt a direct replacement but with all the adaptors and **** out today youd figure that some how a new tower could integrate to the old systems boards and emulate the older software on a newer platfor of windows..? does anyone have any info on people who still repair these things or maybe where i can get software to jus replace old boot system

Comment

Working...