Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

[QUOTE=Witsend;63798]So the old troubleshooting guide still remains as built in for the older model year coverage from the years of cars covered before Sure Trak got moved to being internet based, or just a Skeletal Remains structure listing some rudimentary causes of listed codes for old and new?[/QUOTE

Suretrack has always been internet based. Your scanner software has to be on the current update to work (with an extra month grace period).
    Troubleshooter remains on the tool, as always.

If your software on your scanner isn't current, you can always view Suretrack on your Mitchell or Shopkey subscription if you have one.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

All the troubleshooting stuff is there, and fully fleshed out. Likewise the guided component testing and such on machines with scopes. Shop Zeus is current but we don't really use the Suretrack stuff. About every few months we might get a car with an issue the Zeus automatically notifies us there may be a TSB relevant to the issue. Now THAT feature is nice. Saves me the extra step for checking for TSB's some other way. When I run across an unusual code and want to know more the "Guided Diagnostics"/Suretrack stuff is normally a miss. Most of the time there's something in the on-board troubleshooting info give a hint or at least explain what an XYZ module actually is.

The same onboard troubleshooting is in my 17.4 Verus Edge. I just don't have Suretrack (gosh) and I have to look for TSB's myself. Which I can since it's basically a Windows tablet with wifi.

As far as I can tell they just add to the troubleshooting and guided testing info as the years go by and don't subtract the older material (YAY!). Unless someone knows otherwise.

I don't use it often but love the Guided Testing stuff when I need it. Sweet to be able to set up to test a crank sensor or whatever and have the wire colors and connector diagram right there. Versus having to go dig through wiring diagrams on Alldata or something. Guided Testing and Guided Diagnostics are two totally different things.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Oops, My bad Guess I mistakenly mixed up "FastTrak" Troubleshooter with Sure Trak. It was "Fast Trak Troubleshooter Cartridges that came with my old MT2500s,Not Sure Trak

Comment

• bestdamgarage
          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Witsend
          Oops, My bad Guess I mistakenly mixed up "FastTrak" Troubleshooter with Sure Trak. It was "Fast Trak Troubleshooter Cartridges that came with my old MT2500s,Not Sure Trak
          Trouble shooter is still the same.Sure track is snapons version of identifix except it sucks.

Comment

Working...