Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wagzilla
    • Oct 2014

19.4 yes and no

So I can't load 19.4 for a week or so and they are going to windows 10 embedded yes!! but you have to send it in and pay $200 bucks booo

James
  • wagzilla
    • Oct 2014

Has anyone sent their Zeus in to get it updated to windows 10?

How long did it take?

thanks James

Comment

• tech25
      • Oct 2017

wow, so much for those included updates huh

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

2015 GMC Terrain,no option to learn key fobs with 19.4.

Comment

• ASEMASTER
          • Aug 2019

Originally posted by wagzilla
          So I can't load 19.4 for a week or so and they are going to windows 10 embedded yes!! but you have to send it in and pay $200 bucks booo

James
          Does this apply to the verus edge also?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

If it's a proxy key, then they're never going to add these functions. Too much legal problems. If it's regular fobs, then yes, but prox keys start cars. You have to get into the system or be a locksmith to get the PIN number. Then you can program prox keys. So makes sense you will never see this on a snap-on product. Same with any prox key, ford, kia, etc. 10 minute wait, etc etc. Also, I spoke to a representative and was told that in order for you to diagnose new chrysler/fiat/etc cars, you have to buy a subscription from chrysler. Which is for a year. Not sure if anyone has done this. My Zeus is at 19.4. Just finished updating it. Took hours! Even though I have FIOS. :/

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

Regular key.This function(learn new fobs) has been there in previous releases,now it's not.

Comment

• Glide
                • Jan 2015

After looking at 19.4 application guide, I see that keyless entry "special functions" is not included for Terrain and a lot of other models.
                It's great for Snapon to support Lane Keep Assist and many of the new safety systems that most repair shops don't and will not have the required targets,reflectors,etc. to properly set up,but how about supporting the simple things that we use every day? Just my opinion.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                  Also, I spoke to a representative and was told that in order for you to diagnose new chrysler/fiat/etc cars, you have to buy a subscription from chrysler. Which is for a year. Not sure if anyone has done this. /
                  Check out snapon.com/gateway for the whole story on this.
                  It's a $50.00/year subscription. You've got to have a WiFi connection to begin scanning as well.

Joe
                  "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
                    Check out snapon.com/gateway for the whole story on this.
                    It's a $50.00/year subscription. You've got to have a WiFi connection to begin scanning as well.

Joe
                    So if you need to do a test drive out of wifi range, you're screwed, right?
                    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Steve6911
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Wheel

Not sure if once your connected your good but if not bring your cellphone connected to the tool as a wireless hotspot.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                        • Apr 2011

Yes, but we live in 2019 where almost all smartphones have hotspot for free. So it shouldn't be a problem. The real problem is where you live and how your service acts in certain places. That is going to be a headache. And again, snap-on will NEVER add prox functions because people can steal cars very easily. Like super easy to get into a car and program new keys. Specially if the tool can provide the PIN. Chinese tools can do it, but lets be honest, do they ever get into REAL trouble? No.

Comment

• tech25
                          • Oct 2017

from my knowledge, the sgw is in read only mode normally, so reading faults, and parameters only. but no clearing faults, bi directional control, flashing ect.

in order to get those functions, one must authenticate the scan tool with the sgw module. this is done with the wifi function and server with the scan tool.

once the sgw recognizes and creates the certificate. it unlocks for 8 hours to allow full access.

once the 8 hours is up. you have to authenticate again.

Comment

• Wheel
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                            Yes, but we live in 2019 where almost all smartphones have hotspot for free. So it shouldn't be a problem.

No problem unless you don't have a smart phone and even if you did, whose paying for the data minutes usage, you or your employer? Also that is another piece of equipment to fiddle with while trying to test drive, often by yourself. If stuff like this is going to be a trend, Snap on might should consider incorporating the hardware into future tools so the cell phone would not be necessary as the tool could receive the signal by itself.

The real problem is where you live and how your service acts in certain places. That is going to be a headache.

You nailed the problem right there. I don't think there will ever be global 100% coverage 24/7 with no blackout spots in my lifetime.

And again, snap-on will NEVER add prox functions because people can steal cars very easily.

They can anyway. If I'm a crook and want your car, it's "gone in 60 seconds" security systems notwithstanding. The only purpose "security systems" accomplish is to make things more difficult and expensive for both the owner and the mechanics working on it. There are two ultimate goals here 1.Greed. if it is too expensive to fix, owner buys another car instead.
                            2. Control. And this is the main goal. If you control a population's transportation, you control THEM

Like super easy to get into a car and program new keys. Specially if the tool can provide the PIN. Chinese tools can do it, but lets be honest, do they ever get into REAL trouble? No.
                            Hats off to the Chinese if they make my job or life easier.
                            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Steve6911
                              Not sure if once your connected your good but if not bring your cellphone connected to the tool as a wireless hotspot.
                              If this kind of stuff is in the future, or even if not -
                              I would suggest to Snap on to build this feature into future tools, at least
                              the top of the line ones so no cell phone is needed. What do you think?

Comment

Working...