1990 Cadillac Seville, MODIS makes dash and ECM reset?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steel Surgeon
    • Jul 2012

1990 Cadillac Seville, MODIS makes dash and ECM reset?

Plug in my MODIS on this 1990 Cadillac Seville, try to go to Data stream, and I can get a readout for maybe 5 seconds before the digital dash shuts off, the ECM cuts the data stream, and the whole thing re-sets. It just keeps doing that... blinking on and off.

If I un-hook the MO it's fine... any ideas?

BTW,what I'm trying to chase down on this car is the fact that even with the timing set correctly, it still acts like the timing is too far advanced on startup and run (chugging/fighting on starter engagement and pinging once running.)
  • twincity
    • Feb 2008

Hello Steel,
    I have not experienced your particular problem. I have noticed with older OBD 1 cars, the MODIS can give you false data and do strange things. What you can try is use Legacy Software on the MODIS. On main screen select wrench icon, then on sub-menu select legacy software. This makes the MODIS behave like the old MT2500 scanner. I think it has something to do with the communication speed between scanner and vehicle.
    Robert

Comment

• tomtec
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Steel Surgeon
      Plug in my MODIS on this 1990 Cadillac Seville, try to go to Data stream, and I can get a readout for maybe 5 seconds before the digital dash shuts off, the ECM cuts the data stream, and the whole thing re-sets. It just keeps doing that... blinking on and off.

If I un-hook the MO it's fine... any ideas?

BTW,what I'm trying to chase down on this car is the fact that even with the timing set correctly, it still acts like the timing is too far advanced on startup and run (chugging/fighting on starter engagement and pinging once running.)
      off and warmer on a/c panel puts caddy into self test codes and paramaters to

Comment

Working...