Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65whaler
    • Sep 2017

Two Modis swap out

I have a first generation Modis with the flat screen surface. I found another Modis with the raised screen surface but no mini USB under the left side handle. Not sure what generation it is. I bought it for it's newer software and Euro coverage. However is't screen is dim and hard to read in the upper left. Can I swap the scanner modules and cf cards to have the newer software and Euro coverage in my first Gen Modis? If not can I swap the screens? Thanks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Unfortunately the software cards cannot be swapped between units. If it was me , I would assume the screens would not be interchangeable and try to repair the screen with a new IC and capacitor as per earlier posts

Comment

• GypsyR
      • Jul 2017

I also have one of those oddball first gen's but with the raised screen. I strongly suspect you can swap the screen and front of the case onto the other. I can imagine this is how some first gen's got 2nd gen screens. At the repair shop. Maybe.

Comment

• 65whaler
        • Sep 2017

Two Modis swap

I was able to greatly improve the display by turning down the contrast but, there are still annoying vertical white lines in the bottom half of the screen. I found an old expired post for a screen for sale on E bay. It said for 2006 and later models, so there must be a difference. Hate to us ebay to diagnose my scope fix but it's a clue. I will look into your suggestions and I thank you for your input.

Comment

• 65whaler
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Witsend
          Unfortunately the software cards cannot be swapped between units. If it was me , I would assume the screens would not be interchangeable and try to repair the screen with a new IC and capacitor as per earlier posts
          You are right. I was able to swap the screens. (I guess they're both gen 1's. One has a flat surfaced front and the other has the newer raised border but no mini usb???) However the screens were drop in perfect, but
          when I got them back together I mixed up the cf cards and I got error messages! I swapped the cards back and they both work!

Comment

Working...