Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djusc122
    • Feb 2016

Town and country help.

Ok guys. I'm lost and can't figure this thing out. 06 t and c with a 3.3. Stalled while driving. Now start and stall. No codes. Customer replaced can and crank sensor. Good fuel pressure. Good spark. But will run as long as your spraying with starting fluid. Any suggestions.
  • tech25
    • Oct 2017

Hello, it sounds like you have a fuel issue, because if you spray it with fuel manually the engine runs. please check the following:

1. what kind of fuel pressure are you getting? (should be around 60 psi )

2. check delivery amount. I have seen good fuel pressure but the flow amount is very low due to restriction in the fuel system, rusty tank clogging fuel filter, ethanol fuel causing plastic/rubber parts to come apart, etc.

Comment

• djusc122
      • Feb 2016

Ok. I have Good fuel pressure. 60lbs. I disabled the fuel pump and used an injection cleaner tool for a tank and still nothing. I removed the intake and physically watched the injectors spray.

Comment

• tech25
        • Oct 2017

correct, i dont think your injectors are faulty because you stated before if you sprayed fuel in manually the engine would run, which would indicate the injectors are working allowing said fuel to enter the combustion area.

please check the volume amount of fuel the pump is putting out, engine off relay jumped and taking sample at fuel rail.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I'm no Chrysler Wizz Kid, but have you checked your fuel quality and have good consistent Fuel injector pulse while keeping it running on throttle body spray? Maybe it has a wiring harness issue or IPCM concern, large un metered air leak . When kept running on ether or throttle body cleaner, does the brake pedal feel normal or real hard like the booster hose is off or booster is leaking vacuum ?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Witsend; 11-20-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

When you CAN keep it running (by ADDING fuel of some sort) look at your fuel trims.....then figure out if it`s a fuel issue or an air measuring problem.

Comment

• Skip
              Super Moderator
              • Apr 2008

Possible cracked flex plate causing the ckp/cmp to lose sync.

Comment

Working...