Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roadracer587
    • Mar 2012

SCM files

I recently obtained a Modis and am trying to figure out the whistles and bells that are not covered in the on-line videos and the documentation that came with the unit. I saw on the forum a posting that had a file that was viewable that had an extension of .scm. This file was one that had both pid values and a graph. I could scroll up and down through the pids and could also go forwards and backwards in time to review the data. Could someone please tell me how that is done. That is one of the most powerful features that I have seen on the tool. This would be great for both training/education and showing the customer as proof of both a fault and the repair. Thanks in Advance for the help.
    No one plans to fail, they simply fail to plan!!!
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

While viewing data, hit the right arrow button to hilight the folder icon. When you press Y to select it, several choices will appear in a pull-down menu. One will be save image, which saves the screen you are on as a photograph, and another choice will be save movie, or save all frames...something to that effect. That will save your current road test as an scm. It will save around 2000 frames of data if you let it run long enough to fill the buffer.

Make sure you move the hilight back to scanner if you want to navigate the scanner again.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

Working...