Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottpayne73
    • Jun 2009

Re-Programming

Looking to get into re-programming. Wondering if anyone is using there Verus to do programming with the Pass Thru Pro II or the CarDAQ-Plus, or using a laptop or multiple laptops. Have a Gen 1, not sure it can handle it.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
    SP
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Scott

I have a 1st Gen Verus and the Pass-Thru-Pro II. I have used it to program some GM's and Fords. It will not do Chrysler products well as there is not enough RAM in your unit. I have not tried it with any of the Euro or Asian reflashes I have done. I am not a fan of using the scan tool to reflash. I went on ebay, bought several XP laptops with 2 Gigs of Ram and XP Pro and have not had a problem. Once set up you don't have to change options like Cookies, Firewalls etc. They can be purchased pretty cheaply also.

Steve

Comment

• Bob's Garage
      • Nov 2007

Verus will reflash.

I cannot answer for the J2534 crowd, but...

I have used my Verus Classic (gen1) to re-flash many, many Fords with the IDS program and VCM.

I have also used it successfully with the GM MDI, and also accessed TIS to Web and downloaded to the Tech2 with Verus Classic.

As Steve has alluded to, Chrysler will not allow reflashes with any any PC that does not meet thier specifications.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

• sandt38
        • May 2012

Minimum of 1 gig of RAM for Chryslers is required. I would suggest using a laptop instead of your Verus. They can be purchased on the cheap, and your scanner is not down while you flash.

Comment

• scottpayne73
          • Jun 2009

Thanks guys, I did order me a Cardaq-plus, found a cheap laptop on ebay, just waiting on it all to come in. Thank you again for the input.
          SP

Comment

• TurboJim
            • Jan 2007

I wont use my Verus as anything but a snap on scanner. I dont want to have all the time installing and configuring extra software to have to reimage and reinstall everything when it shits the bed. I like it, it works well, but I have history and I dont trust it. Nor do I have the time or desire needed to set the thing up all over the way it would be. For add-ons I bought a cheap laptop. I run, GM programming, Ford programming, Chrysler Programing, GM Tech2Win, Some truck stuff, and all my shops service information on it. So far I havent had an iota of problems using it this way. I really wish SO would release a scanner software package that you could install on a laptop, and connect to the S3 over bluetooth. I mean, Nexiq does, and the USB-Link is made by/for snap on. Theyre almost identical boxes. I know they could do it. They just want to sell a pretty $10,000 box to go along with the $1000 software.
            Jim Testa
            Senior Technician
            JD Automotive & Truck Inc
            Dover, NJ

Comment

Working...