Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orlando
    • Feb 2011

tpms

three weeks ago i was training tpms system on a chevy Impala and i used my verus to put the car in learning mode, it did but I Could not get job done , today same thing with an Uplander the solution in both cases was to get the keyless entry control and put the car in learning and then train the sensors.Has this happened to anybody else or Is it just my Verus.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by orlando
    three weeks ago i was training tpms system on a chevy Impala and i used my verus to put the car in learning mode, it did but I Could not get job done , today same thing with an Uplander the solution in both cases was to get the keyless entry control and put the car in learning and then train the sensors.Has this happened to anybody else or Is it just my Verus.
    The Solus-Pro and the Solus-Ultra do the same thing. When we select the learn mode in the scanner, nothing happens. Doesn't matter how you do it, or what sequence we do anything, the scanner doesn't do jack.
    I don't even bother with the scanner on GM's anymore. I just learn the tire rotation sensor locations manually.
    The scanners are a complete waste of time. I tried about 6 different GM's and don't even bother wasting anymore time now.
    Told SO about that a couple of years ago. I guess it's not on their "priority list" ROFLMAO

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

Orlando
      I know this does not help you with the scanner issues but if you are doing a lot of TPMS work you might want to invest is a TPMS tool. I bought the Snapon TPMS3 as it was cheaper then the Bartec and had about the same coverage. It is a great tool and hasn't let me down yet. I will forward you post to the correct people to try and get your problem resolved.

Thanks!
      Steve

Just a quick update... By 8;17 this morning the right people had the info!
      Last edited by Steve6911; 05-18-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• orlando
        • Feb 2011

thank you guys. I will see about TPMS3 ,I am gonna read about it right here in this forum to see what the other guys think about it.

Comment

• dave-m
          • Feb 2011

I have used my Modis and the shops Verdict in combo with an OTC 3834 on somewhere around 50 GM vehicles, never had any problems putting them in learn mode.

Comment

• eddiesverus
            • Dec 2008

on Many late GM model vehicles 2007 and newer you can enter learn mode without a scan tool. All you need is a key Fob and a TPMS activator tool, With the key on or engine running press both the lock/unlock buttons and the vehicle will enter TPMS learn mode. good luck..
            Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

Working...