X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • protraxrptr17
    • Aug 2010

Battery is good but shuts down when unplugged

Gen 2 Verus
    Sometimes when I unplug it from the power source, it will give a critical battery charge message and shut off. I traded batteries with a known good battery and get the same thing. Called tech support, and they want to send me a replacement, but I dont want to trade. This tool has been working great (other than this) and I dont want to trade it for one that has problems. Anybody else had this happen?
  • sandt38
    • May 2012

Sounds like a bad or broken contact. I would try some Stabilant 22 on the battery terminals. The stuff is amazing for contact repair. I use it all the time in airbag repair.

Comment

• TurboJim
      • Jan 2007

Have you tried unplugging it and waiting for the critical charge message then plugging it in? I had a similar issue at one point, I somehow managed to time it right when the message came on and before it shut down by itself, to catch the battery and get it to accept a charge. I know also some laptops if you hold the power button for like 30 secs it resets the battery "sensor". Dont know about the Verus.

Although when I had this with my first unit, it had to be replaced, so it could go either way for you.
      Jim Testa
      Senior Technician
      JD Automotive & Truck Inc
      Dover, NJ

Comment

• protraxrptr17
        • Aug 2010

Hasnt done it anymore. Battery wasnt discharged. I think the tool itself was overheated or something.

Comment

• eddiesverus
          • Dec 2008

I have a similar problem , but I think its my battery, I've got a 2nd battery and it works fine, but when I use the faulty battery the Verus just suddenly shuts off, the battery life meter shows sit sill good. I got the battery charging dock and I always leave one in standby charging.
          Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• xp3333
            • Feb 2009

There is a battery wake-up function that San Jose shown me. Start the unit with out the battery on AC power. Let it boot up completely. Then install battery and remove 3 times with out unit shutting down. After the 3rd time, go to control panel and power options and look at the battery icon. The AC power is still on and charge icon displayed. Then disconnect AC power and battery icon should be there with no red X through it. It worked for me on a unit. Try this and see, you may have a bad battery but this is worth the few moments!!
            Lou A
            DSD

Comment

Working...