Nissan Evap Issue 1997 Pathfinder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

I saw a TSB regarding the canister and vent valves needing to be of the same style. I didn't know the customer had replaced the canister and I didn't want to insult you so I didn't post it.

It's probably either not happy with one portion of the test, or it's borderline and it wants to verify the result. The fuel volume PERCENT can make some systems slow to complete. If there is about 20% fuel, then it has a larger cavity to pull a vacuum on which will take more time.
    If it has about 70% fuel volume it can pull the vacuum down on the smaller vapour area faster.
    That's another reason I want the fuel tank level percent pid included whenever a manufacturer has it in the datastream.

If your drive cycle is good this morning, it might complete and "pass" but it could also fail and throw a code just as you get to the state inspection station......oh oh....hope it goes well.

I'll try to take a look at the files later today. THANKS for including them.
    This is one area SnapOn has a real plus over lots of other scan tools.
    The ablility to share recordings (data logs) and play them back in SSC without having to use a scanner
    I hope they pay more attention to the proper operation of SSC in the future.

Comment

Working...