Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chaskuss
    • Dec 2009

GM 3 ABS Adapter Question

I've survived for 19 years without the GM 3 adapter. Partially, because when all I owned was the MT2500, I did not have the Domestic ABS cartridge. Now I have a Modis [12.4] and the MT2500 with 7.2 software. I can get one of these adapters very cheaply. Just wondering if it could be of any use to me, doing ABS on older GM cars?
  • ericsautomotive
    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by chaskuss
    I've survived for 19 years without the GM 3 adapter. Partially, because when all I owned was the MT2500, I did not have the Domestic ABS cartridge. Now I have a Modis [12.4] and the MT2500 with 7.2 software. I can get one of these adapters very cheaply. Just wondering if it could be of any use to me, doing ABS on older GM cars?
    I was under the impression the all pre ODB II GM's ABS was done through the GM-1 connector ??
    Don't guess! Test !!

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

It was many MGD's ago , butI think I had one with my MT2500 that I accidentally got rid of with my Solus, and thought it was a narrower connector with less than 12 teminals. At one time it might have fit those orange diagnostic connectors mounted on the firewall or AC condenser housing on GMs from the late 70s through late 80's? Probably could use the connector under an old table leg or washing machine on an un level floor for another decade till you see one in the shop that an owner wants to get the ABS working again.

Comment

• chaskuss
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
        It was many MGD's ago , butI think I had one with my MT2500 that I accidentally got rid of with my Solus, and thought it was a narrower connector with less than 12 teminals. At one time it might have fit those orange diagnostic connectors mounted on the firewall or AC condenser housing on GMs from the late 70s through late 80's? Probably could use the connector under an old table leg or washing machine on an un level floor for another decade till you see one in the shop that an owner wants to get the ABS working again.
        Wow! That would sure be one wobbly table, to need a shim that thick.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

You mean one of THESE-!! LMAO
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...