Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pabliniboy
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by wileyone123
    IMO, as the Ultra costs 2x the Maxisys, i would hope that one could afford BOTH scanners.
    I am very fortunate and own both.
    i LUV my Ultra for many reasons.....as well, the MS towers above the Ultra in other categories the SO products may never be able to compete with.....for Copyright reasons i presume.
    Regardless, i think those 2 scanners are the Perfect choice.
    I cant wait for the labscope option to be available for the MS.
    I have 2 Vantage Pros....because i desire 4 channels at times.
    But id luv a Portable scope having 4 ch and a bigger screen than the VP.
    ....something that is easily adaptable to a PC or huge Flat screen when desired.
    The PICO is a phenomenal tool....just not easily portable or rugged.
    So then, i anxiously await to see what Autel has to unveil in this department.

Bottom line, as i have both scanners, i would not trade my Ultra in for a MS.....nor vice-versa.
    SO has great Troubleshooter info....which is 1 major reason why i will continue to own SO products.
    That said, i am very happy with the Autel MS.......Outstanding tool....for many reasons .
    I dnt believe anyone would regret the purchase, free updates, free tech-support and options/features it has to offer.
    I don't agree!!!! I think snap on needs to do something fast, before is to late
    They will loose customers and $$$$$ let's face it the yearly update is $1200
    For my ultra, what I payed for the Maxisys is $2300 there is no way that I would
    Recommend some one to buy the ultra over the Maxisys... Just for the fact
    That the Maxisys cover more modules.... The reason why I used to grab the ultra
    Over the other scanners was for getting the right code (DTC) but after multiple
    Wrong codes and no communication whit modules, i decided to put it in second- third option... I know in this forum people loves snap on Tools and I do too
    Expending over $5000 a year with my snap on dealer, but when it comes to diagnostics is getting like the iPhone, needs a big big change... I can see all the
    People that has a maxidas ds708 upgrading to the Maxysis.... The way snap on can fix that is "GIVE US MORE FOR OUR MONEY" is funny how they have this huge list when the update comes out and we get so excited and at the end
    Some thing new that the other cheap scanners already do!! Really
    6 months for this!!! My goal
    This year is to get 2 more factory scanners and wait for a good reason
    To update my ultra!!

Comment

• derktins
      • Oct 2012

Pabliniboy,

I understand you saying you wouldn't recommend a Solus because the price is much higher and it doesn't cover as many modules as the MaxiSys...

However, I have to ask what someone with ONLY a MaxiSys would do whenever they had a tough driveability problem and needed multiple PID graphs in DETAIL?

They would have a hard time doing that with the MaxiSys with the limits on number of PIDs that can be graphed, not to mention the severe lack of detail and refresh rate on the MS graphing.

There is more to be considered in a scanner than how many modules can be accessed. Unless someone's diagnostic ability is limited to pulling codes and swapping parts (which sadly is a lot of "techs" in our industry), the MS is only half a scan tool. I like to call it "The world's greatest code puller and reset tool", because that's what it is.

Again, I own a Solus Ultra AND a MS, along with many other scan tools. I love the MS for what it is, and what it can do. But when I need to graph PIDS, which is almost every time I see a check engine light or ABS light, I don't reach for it. I reach for the Solus Ultra, because it does more than pull codes. It allows me as many graphed PIDs as I want, along with the ability to transfer the data to a laptop and view it in full detail on a PC screen at the comfort of my desk.

To each his own, but I think anyone who buys a MS thinking it will be the only tool he needs will be sorely disappointed the first time he needs to run down a tough driveability problem.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

derktins

To each his own, but I think anyone who buys a MS thinking it will be the only tool he needs will be sorely disappointed the first time he needs to run down a tough drive-ability problem.

Autel has been labeled the great 'hole filler', and having a DS708, I fully agree. If someone is serious about diagnostics, they most likely will have an assortment of scan tools.
        S. Breland

Comment

• ga@46
          • Dec 2014

maxisys can graph multiple pids

yes maxisys can graph multiple pids and is fast at that as well and can also mix them which is very usesful. I own 4 diagnostic tools and an oscilloscope and i am in a good position to make comparisons
          Attached Files

Comment

• hefaus
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
            Autel has been labeled the great 'hole filler', and having a DS708, I fully agree. If someone is serious about diagnostics, they most likely will have an assortment of scan tools.
            Hi as for a great hole filler instead a great scanner. Very happy with my Maxisys 908. Waiting for the Autel mp 408 4 channel scope module to come out. That should be interesting. Sold my snap on stuff and havent looked back.Keep Smiling.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Sold my snap on stuff and havent looked back.
              You sure got a lot of Freakin guts . If sold something that I felt doesn't work as advertised I sure the heck would be looking back over my shoulder all the time.ROFLMAO

I love my old MT2500 and Counselor that I plan to keep , the problem is As a Bottom Feeder when if I decide to sell my DS708 , To buy a Maxi Sys pro when the price drops under 2 grand when the newer replacement becomes available , I will be lucky to get over $400 for my DS 708 which will no longer be supported or updateable, and people who would normally take their cars in for repairs will be snapping up all these cheap scanners and fixing their cars themselves with the help of YouTube videos and sucking up all the easier driveability work on older cars
              Last edited by Witsend; 12-21-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• hefaus
                • Dec 2007

yes I do. Thanks for noticing..

Originally posted by Witsend
                You sure got a lot of Freakin guts . If sold something that I felt doesn't work as advertised I sure the heck would be looking back over my shoulder all the time.ROFLMAO

I love my old MT2500 and Counselor that I plan to keep , the problem is As a Bottom Feeder when if I decide to sell my DS708 , To buy a Maxi Sys pro when the price drops under 2 grand when the newer replacement becomes available , I will be lucky to get over $400 for my DS 708 which will no longer be supported or updateable, and people who would normally take their cars in for repairs will be snapping up all these cheap scanners and fixing their cars themselves with the help of YouTube videos and sucking up all the easier driveability work on older cars
                You obiousaly haven't tried the maxisys 908 yet.Try it out then comment.I have no idea what will be out next couple years but not to worried either I like mine very much. Merry Christmas to all. Rolmao

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Have you Rooted that Maxi-Sys so you can run a Blue Tooth Surround sound yet or display wiring diagrams on a big screen TV so you don't have to zoom in . I think a Blue tooth multipurpose transducer, pressure, video, EVA , and oscilloscope , half the size of a telephone would be on my bottom feeder list within 5 years, lol

Comment

• hefaus
                    • Dec 2007

5 years

Originally posted by Witsend
                    Have you Rooted that Maxi-Sys so you can run a Blue Tooth Surround sound yet or display wiring diagrams on a big screen TV so you don't have to zoom in . I think a Blue tooth multipurpose transducer, pressure, video, EVA , and oscilloscope , half the size of a telephone would be on my bottom feeder list within 5 years, lol
                    Im thinking maybe snap on will have something that good out by then. Keep smiling

Comment

Working...