Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

03 Dura Max ECM Flashing and Tuners

This one got messy. An 03 Dura Max had some fire damage so I replaced the wiring harnesses (engine and cab). All was good except the ECM had some burnt out 5 volt drivers. I tried the ECM from the donor vehicle, when I tried to flash it to the new application , SPS would not communicate with it and could not retrieve the VIN. Also the J2534 could not read the calibration numbers. If I just installed it as it was everything worked except I could not get the security light to go out even though the truck started and there were not codes, BCM or ECM. I got the VIN to read with the Verus but it wasn't a valid VIN number. Next I tried a used ECM from a salvage yard, They sold me one from an 02 Dura Max. AN 02 is wired a bit different but I tried to Flash it any way. No go, SPS would not read it, my Verus could read the VIN and it was a valid number. Of all the strange things, the 02 ECM locked the radio ? I thought only the BCM could do this ? Maybe the BCM is corrupt too ? Might go with a new ECM now. I think once you've installed tuner programming the ECM becomes non flashable. I had no problems with SPS on any of the other modules.
  • maven
    • Mar 2014

Yes, many tuning programs lock the calibration in the ECM so they cant be tuned. This is done by the handheld tuner boxes so the box is only linked to one vehicle at a time, and also by individuals who tune using software suites so that others cant "steal" their power making secrets. Its a pain. The radio probably locked due to a VIN mismatch.

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

Bob, I've had some issues and had to uninstall and reinstall java as well as my ptp software. It was only on gm trucks for some reason. It drove me crazy until I got it straightened out as that's the majority of my business. I couldn't get tech2win to work on those trucks either, but cars etc worked fine.

Comment

• maven
        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by badcoupe
        Bob, I've had some issues and had to uninstall and reinstall java as well as my ptp software. It was only on gm trucks for some reason. It drove me crazy until I got it straightened out as that's the majority of my business. I couldn't get tech2win to work on those trucks either, but cars etc worked fine.
        Issues with Java are a big deal with GM software. I keep all my PCs on Java 6 because most of the Java updates screw with Tis2Web and GDS2. There was a GM bulletin/notice to backdate all Java to 6 and not to use 7.

Comment

• KIRA1010
          • Nov 2014

TIS2web may do the job

Comment

• jm43130
            • Apr 2008

Duramax Flash

Also Gm Sps Has Problems With Internet Explorer Locking Out Java 7, At The Start Of Sps , There Is A Window Telling You To Go Into Internet Explorer Properties, Security Section And Paste And Copy 2 Different Programs Into The "allow" These Sections. Just Had To Do This Yesterday. Then Sps Worked Okay.

Comment

Working...