2007 Silverado BCM trouble shooter info??? also communication Issue with BCM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

2007 Silverado BCM trouble shooter info??? also communication Issue with BCM

2007 Newer body style silverado truck. 11.4 Software latest patch

I was trying to figure out a comunication issue With the BCM on this truck and went to the trouble shooter looking for info on U0140.

This is what I found under Engine...
    Only U0107

Go under Body Control Module
    and there is only
    U0073 Under Network Electrical
    U0100 Under Network Communication

Now go to Theft Deterent Module
    and you get
    U0073 Under Network Electrical
    U0140 Under Network Communication
    U0155 Under Network Communication
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SnapOnKid; 02-28-2012, 11:03 PM.
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

And for the communication issue the scanner keeps trying to talk to the BCM. There is some sort of issue with the BCM or the wireing but the scanner does not know that. It keeps trying untill you close the scanner. There is no option to abort. I had to go back to the home screen and re-open the scanner for it to say that its not able to become active.

Generally, with a few exceptions, if there is an issue and it can not detect something withen a specified amount of time it times out and tells you that it was un-able to connect. Also it would be good to add an abort feature. Other wise the scanner is basically stuck untill you shut it down and go back in.

On this Particular vehical I believe its seeing the module but the module is not wakeing up. I am still trying to trouble shoot the eletrical issue's just thout I would point it out.
    Attached Files

Comment

• phill57
      • Oct 2007

Communication Codes

Just a thought as I had this happen to me. Are you positive that you selected the correct version of the Silveraldo when entering the ID on the Verus? I believe there are two options to choose from in the 2007 selection, Classic, which was the 06 design and Silveraldo, which is the current design. I know the networks are very different on the two trucks. Since you mentioned this is the new body style I would try to ID as a 2008 and see if the Troubleshooter info is different.

HTH

Phil

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by phill57
        Just a thought as I had this happen to me. Are you positive that you selected the correct version of the Silveraldo when entering the ID on the Verus? I believe there are two options to choose from in the 2007 selection, Classic, which was the 06 design and Silveraldo, which is the current design. I know the networks are very different on the two trucks. Since you mentioned this is the new body style I would try to ID as a 2008 and see if the Troubleshooter info is different.

HTH

Phil
        Yes, I am sure. 99-07 classic is the GMT800 Platfoum The NNBS 07-up is the GMT 900 platforum. I know for a fact There is some minor differences in the 07-08 GMT900 wireing and I am not sure if it would affect the scanning portion.

Most likely not.

I believe the Issue on this vehical is with the BCM. I think The individual I am trying to help fried it on accident. The Trailer brake stoped working prior to this and it was powered directly to the battery, bypassing the fuse box. Also this individual kept using the Positive side cable as the power disconect from the battery.

Comment

• scottpayne73
          • Jun 2009

Per GM SI,

DTC U0140 00: Lost Communication With Body Control Module

sounds like you have a bad BCM or data line down to that module.

SP
          SP

Comment

• SnapOnKid
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by scottpayne73
            Per GM SI,

DTC U0140 00: Lost Communication With Body Control Module

sounds like you have a bad BCM or data line down to that module.

SP
            Yes, Thank you! I was speaking to a GM Master tech yesterday and he was telling me to double check all the data lines in and out and make sure there not shorted to ground. He also gave me a few things to look for. I still have a feeling this person Damaged the BCM by accident.

Comment

• dave-m
              • Feb 2011

Had the same issue with a very similiar truck, 2007 new body style. Customer had repeatedly disconnected and reconnected positive battery cable because he didn't use the truck. Eventually the battery went dead and froze in -30C weather. When he installed a new battery the truck would no longer crank over and various other BCM issues arose.

Truck was towed in, no communication with BCM, checked all power, ground and bus lines. Ordered a new BCM, had it programmed and all was well.

We have a mobile tech in the area who does all our programming, he could not communicates with the original BCM with a factory scan tool.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by dave-m
                Had the same issue with a very similiar truck, 2007 new body style. Customer had repeatedly disconnected and reconnected positive battery cable because he didn't use the truck. Eventually the battery went dead and froze in -30C weather. When he installed a new battery the truck would no longer crank over and various other BCM issues arose.

Truck was towed in, no communication with BCM, checked all power, ground and bus lines. Ordered a new BCM, had it programmed and all was well.

We have a mobile tech in the area who does all our programming, he could not communicates with the original BCM with a factory scan tool.
                Was he able to see the module I.D. and software I.D.???

Comment

• dave-m
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
                  Was he able to see the module I.D. and software I.D.???
                  Don't think so, he said there was zero communication. When he programmed the new module he did an as built flash first, then the newest firmware.

Comment

• TurboJim
                    • Jan 2007

Ive had that happen a few times and simply disconnecting and reconnecting the battery brought things back into sync. Maybe not, but worth a try. Also, I had, hmm, maybe it was an 08 Silverado, but the radio controlled windows/locks etc, and after a BCM replacement you have to blank the vin out of the radio and let it learn the vin. The jist is IDing it as an Impala and going into the radio to clear the vin. There is a TSB or PIP on GMSI on this problem. So if you change the BCM and cant get things to work, look for the info I am talking about for the exact procedure
                    Jim Testa
                    Senior Technician
                    JD Automotive & Truck Inc
                    Dover, NJ

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by TurboJim
                      Ive had that happen a few times and simply disconnecting and reconnecting the battery brought things back into sync. Maybe not, but worth a try. Also, I had, hmm, maybe it was an 08 Silverado, but the radio controlled windows/locks etc, and after a BCM replacement you have to blank the vin out of the radio and let it learn the vin. The jist is IDing it as an Impala and going into the radio to clear the vin. There is a TSB or PIP on GMSI on this problem. So if you change the BCM and cant get things to work, look for the info I am talking about for the exact procedure
                      I have done the radio relearn before.

In this case I will Just have the GM Tech I know do the BCM Replacement.

Comment

• tallertony
                        • Jan 2017

saludos tengo una camioneta chevrolet colorado motor L5 y le coloque uno V8 5.3 pero no hay comunicación de BCM a pa PCB es lo que me falta para que me funciona el closter del tablero(panel de instrumento) quien me pueden ayudar con los colores y la posición de los cables de gracias

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

Translate

Greetings I have a Chevrolet Corvette L5 engine and I put a V8 5.3 but there is no communication from BCM to PCB is what I am missing so I work the board cluster (instrument panel) who can help me with the colors and the Position of the cables thanks

Comment

Working...