Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smedly
    • Oct 2013

New Verus Edge owner

Just curious if anybody puts antivirus software on their Edge? I know it has something on it but how good is it? I know time will be spent on repair websites. Just would hate to get a virus on my stupidly expensive tool.
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

As yet I haven't. I run "Avast" on other PC's and have for years. Though it's quite competent (and free) it carries a bit of overhead, especially at startup. I like how my new (to me) Edge is notably quicker in all ways than the Verdict it replaced and I'm not of a mind to slow it down.
    I use the stock Windows firewall and protection. Not like I use the thing to really surf the web. Though it is pretty good at that. If you choose to stick with stock protection, make sure it does Windows Updates. If it doesn't there's a fix on Snap On's support site you can download for that. I needed it. Mine would say "searching for updates" forever.

Comment

• Smedly
      • Oct 2013

I agree it's fast and wouldn't want to compromise that speed. My Verus Pro boot time was almost three minutes and this edge is like 55 seconds. I did run the security software and it came back clean. Other guys I've talked to say not to worry about it as they've not experienced any viruses on the pro or edge platforms. I just thought I would ask to be sure. Thanks.

Comment

Working...