X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

2007 Classic Silverado Duramax Wrong Engine ID

17.2 software.

Was attempting to work on a 2007 Classic Silverado 2500 HD Duramax.

When I auto ID the truck it came up as having an LMM engine. Which is does not.

1GCHK23D87

I continued on but It should be corrected as this is a cross over year and had two engine's available depending on the body style. 8th digit of vin specifies engine option. 10th digit is the year.

D= LBZ
    6= LMM

1GCHK23D87F162568 Old body style I found for sale.
    1GCHK23667F555700 This is a new body style that I found for sale.

Also Dis like how the data Pid defaults to data #1 when I am in the turbo vane actuator test. You need the 3rd or 4th data group to see the position of the turbo vane actuator when performing the test.
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

Finally got screen shots from tool... 17.2 Verus Edge

Auto ID showed it as a 2009 LMM... See second attached image.

When I went back to change it to a 2007 It only has the option of LMM for that year. See first image

Had to ID it as a 2006 to get LBZ option... See third image
    Attached Files

Comment

• DKelly
      • May 2008

I checked our database and the LBZ engine is there for 17.4 so this has been corrected. For the vane test, I do appreciate the feedback but matching PID list to functional test has not been a requirement for us however we do try to do this when possible. I will pass this suggestion along to the right person here. I'm sure you know you can always select "change list" and we are aware of how seamless it would be to not have to do this. All good feedback, thanks.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by DKelly
        I checked our database and the LBZ engine is there for 17.4 so this has been corrected. For the vane test, I do appreciate the feedback but matching PID list to functional test has not been a requirement for us however we do try to do this when possible. I will pass this suggestion along to the right person here. I'm sure you know you can always select "change list" and we are aware of how seamless it would be to not have to do this. All good feedback, thanks.
        It's there under the 2007 MMY for the 17.4 update?

Unfortunately 17.4 is only out under the Zeus platforum at this time and I just bought the edge a few months prior to the release of it. Probably be a few weeks before the dealer rolls out the update when it is officially released to the rest of the public.

Only issue with change list is that It doesn't stay if you need to back out and return.

Thank you for looking into this matter!!!

Real responses to what others find and report let us know that we are being heard. So again, Thanks to the Snap On Diagnostic Team!!!

Comment

• Jay G.
          Administrator
          • Dec 2006

Thanks we are looking into it.

Comment

• JBakke
            • Jul 2012

Your submission has been reviewed by our development team, and a fix is now available. Please let us know if there are any additional reports on this issue.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JBakke
              Your submission has been reviewed by our development team, and a fix is now available. Please let us know if there are any additional reports on this issue.
              Thank you!

Do you know if it is fixed or in a patch for 17.4 or will it be in the 18.2 release?

Comment

Working...