Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > J2534 (Flash Reprogramming) User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
SureTrack automotive technician community.
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 08-09-2017, 11:35 AM

jm43130 Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Default Program Chrysler PCM

I have 08 Charger 3.5 V-6. Need PCM replaced for internal short problem. Can we program Chrysler PCM's now? I am sure it"s more than just reflash. Do we need Skim Pin, or key fobs? I haven't done one in over 2 years because of J2534 can issues. Any odometer issues?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:44 PM

ToltecasChavez Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

If you get it new, I can honestly tell you that I personally have had a few bad flashing errors or I couldn't do it unless it was the original tool. The ones I have been able to do with a Snap-on PTP, I had to finish programming using a snap-on diagnostic tool. Older models, easy to do. Good Luck!
Old 08-09-2017, 03:48 PM

greasybob Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I did an 09 Dodge 1500 truck 5.7 about a month ago, no problems. As far as anti theft goes, write the VIN and that should be good. Might have to set the pinion factor.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:56 AM

I did try this, was able to download application, but was never able to download calibration files. kept getting error that "user had not authorized applet" and would stop download. It had me download Java 8, and then in Chrysler support , it said there were known problems with Java 8 and to add exception to Java security tab, which I did. But it still won't download flash files. I have a I.T. guy coming this morning to see if he can figure it out. WIsh I hadn't updated to Java 8, should have kept Java 7. The onlt good thing is, I haven't installed new pcm yet, so dealer said they would take it back.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:05 AM

greasybob Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

I think that I had uninstall the current version of JAVA and install version 7 update 21. You can find old versions online. I also was using windows 7
Old 08-11-2017, 09:09 AM

I found DRewtech Toolbox 3 info, they recommended Java 8, version 45. I completely removed Chrysler J2534 and all Java applications, restarted my laptop , which is Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit. Used Toolbox 3 Chrysler info document , installed Java 8 . 45. Setup Java and set exception for Chrysler info into security tab of Java. Did a clean install of Chrysler J2534. Restarted laptop again, and still could not download flash files. error permission not granted for applet. Will not download. I give up, sent to dealer. At least I didn't even get to try and flash new PCM and maybe ruin it. Dealer took PCM back.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:34 PM

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I messed around for quite awhile before I got the last one to down load successfully. I thought it was just me. I tried 3 different computers with different operating systems and different versions of Java before it worked. Then once I got the download I researched some more and figured out how to flash a used Chrysler PCM into different vehicle. Here's some screen shots of what I did. Follow the path on the header bar in the first shot to find your file, then open it with word pad. Then find the last place in the text where the calibration file number is and change to the file number of your used PCM, then save it back to your files. Then try the flash. The j2534 process is frustrating because there is still very little support out there. I stick to the domestics mostly. My son is an I.T. wiz but gets annoyed if ask him to help too much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg open_with_word_pad_70.jpg (104.2 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg saved_file_part_number_70.jpg (112.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 08-11-2017, 06:16 PM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
My son is an I.T. wiz but gets annoyed if ask him to help too much.
Lol, sounds familiar. I told my son that they have no business allowing anyone to write software code until they've got the equivalent of a Geek Squad Degree mastered all the ins and outs of Windows support and have a good handle on the hardware end of things.Getting him to help sometimes is like trying to pull teeth .
Old 10-10-2017, 12:10 PM

NoellEagan Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Hi..i am a new user here. I have had a few bad flashing errors or I couldn't do it unless it was the original tool. The ones I have been able to do with a Snap-on PTP, I had to finish programming using a snap-on diagnostic tool.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:14 PM

jleming Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Chrysler progrmming

I just call Chrysler support (913) 856-6678 they’ll remote into your computer and set everything up for you.they will even help you through the programming process if need be.