What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnapOnKid
    • Jan 2011

I love to see this thread is still going.

What I love even more is the fact that alot of the features requested in this thread have been added!!!

For that I would like to say thank you Snap On Software Guys!!!

One of the things I still believe should be changed is the Ability to access the Trouble Shooter or just be able to get into a vehicle to see what is available and what's not.

We have two Icon links one for "Shop Stream" and one for "Repair Information". Both of which connect to outside sources that you need an additional subscription for.

When you disconnect the scan module from a vehicle, there is no way to get back in to view the troubleshooter info. It's in there, So why can't I access it without being connected to the vehicle in question???

Comment

• dodge90
      • Oct 2014

wow, can't belive a post is this old. was reading through and seen that snap-on has made the changes that was mentioned here. I use snap-on scanners from day one and noticed some very good up dates through the years. recently up graded to the verus pro from modis and like it alot. One thing I would like to see is training on this stuff afer you shell out the big bucks to buy thier system instead of "oh just go on line to our web site". Snap-on can dedicate a guy to drive around on a fancy truck and show you the product, why can't they or have a guy dedicated to show up a few days after you shell out $ and train you how it works and what you can do with it. I can mostly figure it out but I also know Im not using it to it's full potential. Just getting into flashing ecm's and think it would be nice to have somone trained on it to show a new-be how to use the product the right way. hands on instead of on line.
      I've tried and tried, but can't seem to fix stupid!

Comment

• STURNER
        • Oct 2014

I would like see a vin barcode scanner integrated into the scan tools

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

2009 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4. We should have access to the instrument cluster and 4wd modules.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

what is currently available
            Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

2010 Chevy Suburban had code C0569 04 after Transfer Case Control Module replacement. Tried the relearn with Verus 15.4 and just got a "not enabled" message. Couldn't get the without scanner method to work either. Tech 2 Win got it done. I thought that the TCCM relearn was in the Snap On software ? This was a single speed transfer case.
              Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

Interesting that the "without scanner" method has different instructions in Shop Key than in the Troubleshooter. I tried the Shop Key instructions, explains why it didn't work I guess. Also, I got the "not enabled" message when trying to access the functions menu.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Skip
                  Super Moderator
                  • Apr 2008

When you disconnect the scan module from a vehicle, there is no way to get back in to view the troubleshooter info. It's in there, So why can't I access it without being connected to the vehicle in question???[/QUOTE]

You are not alone

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Yes you can, but you have to enter the vehicle ID manually (won't work from vehicle history). Except with Chrysler you never could.

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

Had an 03 Cavalier today to install a radio. Of course after installation the radio is locked. Snap On still hasn't radio not to mention the unlock function to the scanner software. A 13 year old Cavalier ? The radio is worth more than the car at this point. Got it done with the Tech @ Win again.

It's kind of like the !2 days of Christmas, I can think of a feature to be added for the next 12 days.

Comment

• Modis500
                        • Sep 2012

Saved Images Editing

I'm sure many of you guys on here have mentioned this in the specific tool threads.... But I'll add it to this one as it's somewhat based on the SMX platform tools. When can they allow us to go in and edit the names of the saved images on the Solus Ultra, Edge, and the Modis Ultra? I'm running a Modis Ultra 15.4 and having to scroll through the images to find the certain one I'm looking for is kind of a pain in the rump. Heck, even the old Pro tools allowed us to edit the name or vehicle for saved image/file/screenshot/movie... I'm no computer geek by any means, and unsure if you can do this, but it would help immensely. Oh, and about that printing option on the Modis Ultra- we'll save that gripe for another day!

Merry Christmas To All
                        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• BMW JEDI
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Modis500
                          I'm sure many of you guys on here have mentioned this in the specific tool threads.... But I'll add it to this one as it's somewhat based on the SMX platform tools. When can they allow us to go in and edit the names of the saved images on the Solus Ultra, Edge, and the Modis Ultra? I'm running a Modis Ultra 15.4 and having to scroll through the images to find the certain one I'm looking for is kind of a pain in the rump. Heck, even the old Pro tools allowed us to edit the name or vehicle for saved image/file/screenshot/movie... I'm no computer geek by any means, and unsure if you can do this, but it would help immensely. Oh, and about that printing option on the Modis Ultra- we'll save that gripe for another day!

Merry Christmas To All
                          I have requested they include an option to 'add' the vehicle ID information to each saved file (not just images) name for this very reason. We'll have to wait and see if they are willing to do this.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
                            Had an 03 Cavalier today to install a radio. Of course after installation the radio is locked. Snap On still hasn't radio not to mention the unlock function to the scanner software. A 13 year old Cavalier ? The radio is worth more than the car at this point. Got it done with the Tech @ Win again.

It's kind of like the 12 days of Christmas, I can think of a feature to be added for the next 12 days.
                            I like that one Bob!

I would like to be able to pair radio's up as well. Hell An OEM radio is usually worthless in anything other than an original vehicle as a replacement any way.

I often repair wrecked vehicles and occasionally need to do that as most people replace the OEM with some aftermarket junk any way. When they wreck the vehicle the remove their junk and leave a big black hole full of wires. Usually there is just an adapter to remove and I can plug an OEm radio back in.

Depending on the vehicle though, it's not always as simple as relearning the vin. Some of them have to be reprogramed for it to take or learn the new vin.

I believe the access to program keys should be there as well. Often time a customer comes in with 1 key already or like myself, Maybe you're repairing a theft recovery and there are no keys.

A thief is not going to sit in a car and make key copies. They usually bypass the ignition altogether. There certainly not going to spend 10K let alone 4k for a scanner to do so either... There is much cheaper software.

And with the new cars having on board WIFI features, there making them more hackable from the outside meaning it's going to be much tougher to prosecute the theft rings stealing cars.

If they don't have tools on them, it's much harder to prosecute them.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

On todays wish list... Upon replacing the PCM in a 3.5 Ford Flex I discovered that I had code P164D, All Wheel Drive Block Is Corrupted/ Not Programmed. It seems that there is an ID number stamped on the Rear Drive Unit and this number must be programmed into the PCM after replacement. Currently a function not support by Snap On. This is true of other Ford AWD SUVs as well.

Comment

• Witsend
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2012

old GM radio lockout bypass

An older Port Freight 08 might have a vin relearn option ,but if the customer don't have the money for the oldSh@t box for tech 2win j2534 access , I'm sure he could learn to do this.

Comment

Working...