Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solus_paul
    • Dec 2009

Solus pro problems

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have recently purchased a solus pro from my snapon dealer which has been very helpfull apart from a few little problems.

I wanted to be able to suply a print out to customers of codes or graphs the problem is i cant seem to link the scanner to my laptop. I have even tried to link the printer directly to the scanner but only get as far as selecting the type of printer. It asks if I want to print a test page, to which i click "yes" and then it tells me no printer found!

I have also tried to code a Ford Transit injection pump. I followed all the instructions and got as far as a securety check which it said would take 30 minutes. I clicked ok... 3 hours later it was still counting so in the end i came out of the program.

Rover 75 2000 1.8 petrol - ABS lamp on but would not connect, although read engine managment no problem.

The thing is my snapon dealer isn't much help and I am now pulling my hair out.

Has anyone got any advice they could give me? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
  • hefaus
    • Dec 2007

link to laptop

Hi. I use a program snap on supplies called shop stream connect. It's free for the taking. You can link up with our lap top using that . Also You can save your files to a memory stick or even a compact flash card and save them to your laptop and print them as needed.Another way I do it some times is to open my SSC Program open the file I want and then use Print Screen save in Paint then print it. I think there are printers that may allow you to print direct but am not sure of this method. Sorry. Can't help you on your other part of the question. Keep Smiling

Comment

• hefaus
      • Dec 2007

Sample File saved to Paint for printing

Originally posted by hefaus
      Hi. I use a program snap on supplies called shop stream connect. It's free for the taking. You can link up with our lap top using that . Also You can save your files to a memory stick or even a compact flash card and save them to your laptop and print them as needed.Another way I do it some times is to open my SSC Program open the file I want and then use Print Screen save in Paint then print it. I think there are printers that may allow you to print direct but am not sure of this method. Sorry. Can't help you on your other part of the question. Keep Smiling
      Hi I should have sent you a sample file using paint but I forgot.I had to resize it so it would upload but I am sure you will get the idea. Have Fun
      Attached Files

Comment

• David Green
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by solus_paul
        Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have recently purchased a solus pro from my snapon dealer which has been very helpfull apart from a few little problems.

I wanted to be able to suply a print out to customers of codes or graphs the problem is i cant seem to link the scanner to my laptop. I have even tried to link the printer directly to the scanner but only get as far as selecting the type of printer. It asks if I want to print a test page, to which i click "yes" and then it tells me no printer found!

I have also tried to code a Ford Transit injection pump. I followed all the instructions and got as far as a securety check which it said would take 30 minutes. I clicked ok... 3 hours later it was still counting so in the end i came out of the program.

Rover 75 2000 1.8 petrol - ABS lamp on but would not connect, although read engine managment no problem.

The thing is my snapon dealer isn't much help and I am now pulling my hair out.

Has anyone got any advice they could give me? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
        Hi Solus Paul

Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that you are in the UK based on the vehicles you describe

I would if your are in the UK ring Scanlines on 0845 60 66.

When you say that the scanner will not communicate with a vehicle, make sure that it is not the power and ground returns in the 16 pin DLC of the vehicle first, then if you still have a problem contact your dealer who should supply you with the UK vehicle coverage list, then using the Solus go into system ID Mode and select the vehicle system from there, if you still have problems and you have not already rang the number above, then you will need to.

If by chance the software on your Solus does not cover the vehicle make, then the system ID mode will not work either?

So by example, if you look for Mazda you will be looking a long time?

Shop Stream Connect is a good piece of software for graphing and it is free at the moment, download it while you can.

David

Comment

Working...