Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoooolin
    • Jun 2016

MT2400 repair

Recently the screen on my MT2400 is getting darker and darker and harder to read. Is there any place to get this repaired and get a new screen?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    thank you.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I don't believe you can get new replacement screen for one ,other than Cannibalizing another MT2400. Maybe taking it apart, going through it and gently cleaning the male side spade terminals with scotch brite might help?

Welcome to the forum Spooolin. BTW does your screen name Spooolin name for the sound a turbo or super charger makes building boost or a slang word for cruisin the hood in a Donk Car with Spinners?

Comment

• Spoooolin
      • Jun 2016

Thank you. I will try this tomororw. I use the **** out of this meter and dont want to shell out the big bucks for a newer one if I dont need to haha.

And yes. I am a turbo guy. All of my "race cars" are big turbo cars.
      Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

• MonzaRacer
        • May 2008

Well,,,,

As for my situation I sent in my vantage pro in last year and for $832 I got a new scope as a former co worker dropped mine. It started not seeing the CF card.
        I do know some post were broke, the battery was frrom 09 so it was week and had 8.4.
        They sent me new unit, literally. New unit with 11.4, new battery. They even scotch taped old serial number on it.
        As for an MT2400 , most have a seiko screen assembly. Used to be available from mouser. Might try finding local electronics repair man who might be able to repair it.
        Heck my MT2400 has bleeding screen, but didnt have $75 at time they were in stock.
        I am looking for one too.

Comment

• MonzaRacer
          • May 2008

Well,,,,

double post

Comment

• smithnostic
            • Sep 2015

MT2400 snap on vantage power graphing meter heritage

If anyone gets the error message hardware Error ...its to do with the connector that holds the memory card. You may also be required to re-calibrate the battery. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

• Wheel
              • Jul 2007

It's really too bad Snap On doesn't repair these anymore, especially since they will do and graph some things that nothing Snap on has made since will.
              Newer doesn't always mean better or more capable - as it should.
              I guess I must have a real problem because I've always believed a newer replacement version of a tool should ALWAYS do ALL its predecessor did, only better. Am I alone?

Got one where channel 1 doesn't seem to work at all but channel 2 does.
              You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• smithnostic
                • Sep 2015

mt2400

does the relay click when you select channel 1 or change functions on channel 1.

smithnostic

Comment

Working...