Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

Version 11.0.0.5

Just wanted to make everyone aware of this new version .
    It comes with some improvements like a new look when reviewing scan data
    ( Don't worry, it's nice !) and an improvement I think Verus owners might appreciate as illustrated below. Still needs a few things, but a definite improvement. Thanks for the hard work, guys!! ssc.jpg
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel
  • fixitman
    • May 2015

I was using the default folder for all my data files- C:\ShopStream. Before this update, SSC automatically made folders within C:\ShopStreamfor every scan-tool possible, except the Verus (huge mess). Everything in this folder was deleted upon this update (no issue here, I have backups). I'm glad to see the extra folders are now gone, but I did have some difficulty creating a "Verus" folder within C:\ShopStream. I tried to create the folder in windows explorer, but SSC would delete it upon launch. Once I created the folder from within SSC, it seemed to stay put. Unfortunately, the folder was gone when I tried to copy a data file to it a few minutes ago.

I'll try to copy some files directly to C:\ShopStream and see if it deletes them as well.

I just copied 3 files to C:\ShopStream, and they stayed put. I also discovered I can browse the files on my mapped drive, then simply double-click them to view them. It takes a couple seconds for them to load, but no longer than it takes to copy them over. That will work extremely well for my needs
    Last edited by fixitman; 06-16-2015, 09:43 AM. Reason: Clarify issues that popped up, final thoughts

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

One more thing to add to the wish list:
      Clipboard01.jpg

Shopstream connect is nearly perfect in all respects, needing only the suggestions made in this thread and the ability to handle network drives
      in order to be so.

If the Verus live scanner display software only worked as well as Shopstream Connect, they would have a home run, at least as far as navigating and viewing the data is concerned.
      Again, a thumbs up for continuing to improve this software.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
        Snap-on D&I
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by fixitman
        I was using the default folder for all my data files- C:\ShopStream. Before this update, SSC automatically made folders within C:\ShopStreamfor every scan-tool possible, except the Verus (huge mess). Everything in this folder was deleted upon this update (no issue here, I have backups).
        Folders with data files should not be deleted, only the empty ones.
        I'm glad to see the extra folders are now gone, but I did have some difficulty creating a "Verus" folder within C:\ShopStream. I tried to create the folder in windows explorer, but SSC would delete it upon launch.
        Try putting a data file in the folder you create with Windows before you open SSC. If you create one with SSC, put some data files in it. that should avoid the folder being deleted.
        Once I created the folder from within SSC, it seemed to stay put. Unfortunately, the folder was gone when I tried to copy a data file to it a few minutes ago.

I'll try to copy some files directly to C:\ShopStream and see if it deletes them as well.

I just copied 3 files to C:\ShopStream, and they stayed put. I also discovered I can browse the files on my mapped drive, then simply double-click them to view them. It takes a couple seconds for them to load, but no longer than it takes to copy them over. That will work extremely well for my needs
        The scanner viewer will run standalone when you double click on a scanner data file when browse to it with Windows. This works because Windows associates the scanner file types to the scanner exe. Its the same process as when opening a pdf or word doc. Windows knows which program to open the file with based on the file extension. In some cases you may have to manually set the file association You won't be able to do this with scope files. The scope viewer is not a standalone exe so Windows can't associate files to it.

Comment

• fixitman
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
          The scope viewer is not a standalone exe so Windows can't associate files to it.
          Good to know, It looks like mapped drive support will still be helpful for those. I'll just have to remember to copy those files as needed.

Comment

• jm43130
            • Apr 2008

I Had Just Updated To 15.2 On My Solus Edge, And Was Graphing Speed Sensors, Went To Ssc To View On Computer And It Said There Was A Update Available. After I Was Done With Viewer, I Went Ahead And Performed Update. It Downloaded, Installed And Told Me To Disconnect And Restart Solus, Which I Did Like I Have Done Before, And It Froze. Said Bom Error. Tech Support Told Me How To Try And Reinstall Update, But It Now Said None Available. Tesh Support Told Me To Have My Dealer Recover Software, Which He Did, So I Would Say Maybe Don't Update Scanner Yet, Dealers Tech Guy Finished His Sentenced When He Told Him I Had Just Updated To 15.2 And Was On Ssc. Seems Like They Know Something. Any Body Else?

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
              Snap-on D&I
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jm43130
              I Had Just Updated To 15.2 On My Solus Edge, And Was Graphing Speed Sensors, Went To Ssc To View On Computer And It Said There Was A Update Available. After I Was Done With Viewer, I Went Ahead And Performed Update. It Downloaded, Installed And Told Me To Disconnect And Restart Solus, Which I Did Like I Have Done Before, And It Froze. Said Bom Error. Tech Support Told Me How To Try And Reinstall Update, But It Now Said None Available. Tesh Support Told Me To Have My Dealer Recover Software, Which He Did, So I Would Say Maybe Don't Update Scanner Yet, Dealers Tech Guy Finished His Sentenced When He Told Him I Had Just Updated To 15.2 And Was On Ssc. Seems Like They Know Something. Any Body Else?
              At the time, directing you to your dealer to have him recover your Solus Edge was the correct thing to do.
              More recently there was a post where a Solus Edge user had an error when performing the 15.2 Service update with SSC. He included a pic of the error displayed on the units screen.
              I was downloading files to SSC, when a update for the edge popped up. Ok downloaded update. Now it says download failed and beeps at me. Is there something I can do?? Or do I have to send it in for warranty. [Broken Edge]

We were able to determine what might have happened based on the error that was displayed. I asked him if he would be willing to try something to help verify what we suspected was the cause and see if we could get his unit to complete the update.
              He did and it was up and running again.
              No magic or secret tools guys. The error message Christopher posted a picture of pointed to a specific file missing during the install of the 15.2 Service Release. It was a sample bmp screen capture found in the /userdata folder that is not part of the Service...

The information was passed along to Customer Care.

Comment

• Rich Shepherd
                Snap-on D&I
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Wheel
                One more thing to add to the wish list:
                In Version 11.2.0.1 released yesterday, there is a selection to print a text list on the print menu.

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Rich Shepherd
                  In Version 11.2.0.1 released yesterday, there is a selection to print a text list on the print menu.
                  Rich and crew:
                  Just wanted to say thanks for listening and adding this feature for us. It is much appreciated and will prove quite useful.

Comment

Working...