Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ephratah service center
    • Oct 2007

5 Gas analyzer

Just looking for opinions on a 5 gas analyzer any of you guys have one or use one. Thinking about adding one to my shop tools and not sure if they are worth the $.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

I used many a gas analyser in the 80's and 90's and early 2000's but none had the 5th gas (NoX). I've often thought that would be "nice". They were very handy for pre-OBDII vehicles.
    The vehicles themselves are pretty good gas analysers as long as the vehicle is functioning within design parameters within the ECMs themselves. Even when the vehicle is flagging a code, Mode-$06 can quite often reveal what is really going on with some investigation and accurate service information.
    Have you found any that pique your curiosity for price and function-?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

I've gotta second Crusty's sentiments. I used to be glad I had one, but I haven't put a 5 gas on a car in over 5 years. I do still use them on carbureted stuff, like the occasional motorcycle or ATV. Last thing I jetted was a Suzuki DRZ. Before that I used one to tune the fuel injection my street bike.
      They are a lot cheaper now though. You can buy a 5 gas from Snap-on for less than it cost to replace the O2 and NOx cells on the old one.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• ephratah service center
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for the reply.
        I am not going to purchase thanks Crusty and Joe for the in put.
        Joe are you still doing training classes?
        Last edited by ephratah service center; 01-29-2017, 06:40 AM. Reason: up date

Comment

Working...