Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolf0r
    • Mar 2007

Anyone have a Nexiq iQ yet?

My snap on guy and a tech brought one by. I didn't see any software for scummins yet but the IC and Cat looks promising. We plugged into a Bluebird school bus with the cummins 07 and read data with just the generic software. It even read the data stream for the IP which is made by a 3rd party. Impressive.

I will probably end up buying one. I told my dealer about Nexiq a couple of years ago, now Snap On owns them! LOL
  • trukdoc55
    • Apr 2008

I have the new Prolink IQ

I am a bit disappointed in that the sales literature tells of the advanced DIAGNOSTIC capabilities. Nowhere does it state that it is scan only for light and medium duty. As long as I have been working on diesels cylinder cutout is the most basic and useful test for identifying problems and now in the age of electronics help in isolating the problem from mechanical and electronic. Yet this advanced machine that boasts" We've just revolutionized the way you find faults " does not have cylinder cutout in Heavy Duty Standard or OBDII which is scan only. Anyone that has worked around a Caterpillar HEUI engines knows there is no way at all to do cylinder cutout. And this engine does not seem to fall under the Caterpillar module from Nexiq.
    The machine has a good start but I think Nexiq and Snapon needs to make it right.
    The man that works on the busses, I used to work on school busses, we had a mixed fleet big to small and every kind of engine, I now work in Construction Heavy Equipment and everything from pick ups to Acert Cats in Haul trucks, even dealers must be able to deal with anything that comes in the door. The point is that we all must be able to plug into a wide variety of vehicles for todays electronic dependent engines.
    By the time I get all the software purchased I will have over $5000.00 invested, I want more than a scan tool!

Comment

• trukdoc55
      • Apr 2008

Nexiq

It does not have OEM software for Cummins but in Heavy Duty Standard it will read codes.

Comment

• Wolf0r
        • Mar 2007

I have used the Cat Demo program and it lets you do injector disable. Also I used it to diagnose a clutch fan problem on a C7. I hope to get the full version soon. (2 more trials left) The HD standard is OK for viewing sensors and stats, but I would not want to depend on it alone. Hopefully the engineers get Cummins going.

Comment

• Wolf0r
          • Mar 2007

Prolink IQ Updates?

I can't connect to the new CAT engines with the catylist with the CAT software. Says "not an acert engine" and loads the HD Standard. I can't get connected to the 4th gen Allison 1k/2k either. And where is the Cummins software we been waiting for?

I like the machine but I now have 7k invested and limited use. Hopefully I can make back the $$$ I paid for it. I use it on school busses 1999 and up. Do you realize how many school bus garages are out there that would love to have one of these? The bean counters who run those places have bought OEM products only to find out that it only works on specific vehicles or only covers the engine.

Put some time into this scanner and you will sell a lot more of them.

Comment

• Wolf0r
            • Mar 2007

Caterpillar?!? Acert only?

I bought the GM/CAT adapter only to find out it won't do 3126E which sucks. Plus it don't find a transmission either. Granted this is a 2002 Chevy B7 with a Cat 3126E, Allison A/T. And the program I purchased says "Cat Acert" Maybe I am expecting too much.

Don't even think about getting into the GM ABS without the Tech 2. This I understand because everyone with ABS trouble on a GM Med Duty in our area comes to me. These are other shops with a wide variety of scan tools, pro link, OEM, etc.

Is the Modis any better with Med Duty?

Comment

• snappy21
              • Oct 2008

Have been told snapon and nexiq are trying to work with cummins to get support but cummins won't release any information or software as of right now. Don't give up hope, usually if snapon wants it they find a way to get it. The new IQ is mainly for newer models, you will still need the older version nexiq pro link for older models.

Comment

• bwrench
                • Aug 2008

why not go to Cummins and just buy the real stuff? The Insite software is quite reasonable, and it rocks over what you get in the nexiq scan tool package. If you are real serious about fixing trucks, invest in the best and go OE with your test equipment. This is also true about the car lines too. the Modis system is a good scanner, but the OE tooling leaves the aftermarket tooling in the dust.

Comment

• ernz
                  • Oct 2008

we have a nexiq pro-link iq and have used it alot, run primarily IH trucks/engines and it has been very helpful. for cummins you must get a cummins scan tool because they won't release their software to aftermarket, our dealer said around 900.00. The scanner is a Cummins QC5100.

Comment

• bwrench
                    • Aug 2008

Have you ever compared your nexiq Iq software for Navistar with the Navistar SA laptop software that is avaliable from Nexiq? I think that you will find that there is a very large difference between the two. You can purchase the Cummins insite software from several different sources, and it is available to the aftermarket. The person that told you it was not available to the afternarket did not know what they were talking about.

Comment

• ernz
                      • Oct 2008

evidently they were wanting to sell me a scan tool, you might clue me in to where the cummins software is available and i will contact nexiq about the navistar laptop software, we are primarily off road equipment with trucks being a necessary evil. being a governmental it is difficult for me to convince/obtain funds for "diagnostic" equipment, etc. so any time i can gather facts and figures it does help.

Comment

• Wolf0r
                        • Mar 2007

Getting better, I was able to read some j1939 data before. Now I can see more, but have to buy another update. Blah

Comment

• Bossplayer707
                          • Dec 2010

Pro-Link iQâ„¢ Light and Medium Truck (LMT)

Pro-Link iQâ„¢ Light and Medium Truck (LMT)
                          Pro-Link iQ
                          SKU: 880048

i bought this softwear for 850 what a waste of money.
                          were sould i start frist ford cant read icp or ipr no buzz test no cyl cut out

FORD:

2000 - 2009 PowerStroke® Diesel Engines
                          '00-'03 7.3L PowerStroke®
                          '03-'09 7.3L PowerStroke®
                          '08-'09 7.3L PowerStroke®

this is what they state as coverage on there web sight they dont even realize that ford stoped making the 7.3 7 years ago know there soft wear sucks
                          next isuzu i hook up to read abs and the code sad abs light is on
                          what good that did for me . nothing more than a very very basic code reader
                          for the few engin that it will comnicate with

hook up to 3 diferent workhorse would not read any of them

do not throw you money on this like i did snap on / nexiq needs to make right on this. nexiq has good intensions with there pro link iq but no sorport for there products

Comment

• Nickb
                            DSD
                            • Aug 2007

Nexiq has light medium truck coverage now. Go to the website and do the new downloads to try it for free. You need to monitor the site for updates
                            DSD

Comment

• Nickb
                              DSD
                              • Aug 2007

Sorry, missed some info. There is bidirectional available for Light medium truck also. It has pretty decent coverage. You will never get the coverage that the SO scanners give though. Keep your automotive - automotive and your heavytruck -heavytruck. If you want to work on both, invest in both tools. You will be happier
                              DSD

Comment

Working...