NEW VERUS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

$16k with 3 years of updates ? Wheel, from what I hear you won't like it. Punch in the code and it configures the data list with the parameters relevant to that code. Just rumors.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

$16k with 3 years of updates ? Wheel, from what I hear you won't like it. Punch in the code and it configures the data list with the parameters relevant to that code. Just rumors.
      You would think for that kind of $, it would only be affordable by a high volume shop akin to a small dealership employing multiple techs but still too costly and risky if one fumble fingered tech were to drop it.
      Maybe put it under lock and key under museum glass on the docking station and have an external keyboard and all techs have little Snappy drone scanners that communicate with the Mother Ship kept under glass and communicate with it it by blue tooth.

Comment

• str53
        • Dec 2009

Zeus

3 years of updates, 3year warranty. Price that and see what its worth, my edge was a little over two years old, I kept it in good shape, it had 17.2 so I got a good trade in, probably more than I could have sold it for. My edge made me money and more than paid for itself, I expect the Zeus to do the same.

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by greasybob
          That part about the codes might not be so bad.

What I don't like is the trend of internet dependency for daily scanning chores. There's just too many cases where the internet just ain't there - either due to locality or equipment failures or other reasons. It's more common at least in some areas than one thinks.

I just don't like being put into a situation where everything grinds to a screeching halt because my internet for whatever reason flakes out or is otherwise unavailable. From what I have heard I may not like the Zeus. I think Snapon would do well to put helpful advantages on a tool in a form as internet independent as possible.

I think I may get my chance to look at one soon.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

I just don't like being put into a situation where everything grinds to a screeching halt because my internet for whatever reason flakes out or is otherwise unavailable. From what I have heard I may not like the Zeus. I think Snapon would do well to put helpful advantages on a tool in a form as internet independent as possible.

I think Snappy should just give you the capability to attach a 1TB USB external hard drive to the entire Snap on Edge line up and download the the entire Sure Trak Trouble shooter data base onto the external hard drive, so you don't have to be dependent on the internet at all or having a current update, to access the troubleshooter that once was built into the software cartridges that never timed out.You never know when and where you'll have to repair something.
            Last edited by Witsend; 08-30-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• jm43130
              • Apr 2008

My SO rep explained it as a option for 3 years updates and extra year warranty. Without the updates, he said price is comparable to Verus. The internet is only needed for the guided tests and to access Suretrack. When you tap code repair button, it automatically shows tests, and only pids that are relevant. then goes to next step when needed. Personally, I don't think I would be interested in new Zues. Still Windows 7, updates are the same as we already do, I wouldn't be gaining anything.

Comment

• sbreland73
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Wheel
                That part about the codes might not be so bad.

What I don't like is the trend of internet dependency for daily scanning chores. There's just too many cases where the internet just ain't there - either due to locality or equipment failures or other reasons. It's more common at least in some areas than one thinks.

Internet based diagnostics IS the wave of the future. Our shop has done the new Micropod upgrade (mandatory by Chrysler), and you can not even access the software (web based) without internet. Other manufactures are sure to follow.
                S. Breland

Comment

• Wheel
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
                  Internet based diagnostics IS the wave of the future. Our shop has done the new Micropod upgrade (mandatory by Chrysler), and you can not even access the software (web based) without internet. Other manufactures are sure to follow.
                  there goes test drives...
                  You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Wheel
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                    I think Snappy should just give you the capability to attach a 1TB USB external hard drive to the entire Snap on Edge line up and download the the entire Sure Trak Trouble shooter data base onto the external hard drive, so you don't have to be dependent on the internet at all or having a current update, to access the troubleshooter that once was built into the software cartridges that never timed out.You never know when and where you'll have to repair something.
                    I agree, and I'd personally be willing to pay extra for it. They could also make money selling periodic upgrades for it.

Comment

• Wheel
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jm43130
                      My SO rep explained it as a option for 3 years updates and extra year warranty. Without the updates, he said price is comparable to Verus. The internet is only needed for the guided tests and to access Suretrack. When you tap code repair button, it automatically shows tests, and only pids that are relevant. then goes to next step when needed. Personally, I don't think I would be interested in new Zues. Still Windows 7, updates are the same as we already do, I wouldn't be gaining anything.
                      I don't understand why these guided tests can't be incorporated into the tool's onboard software. They should work on it.

The 3 years of updates actually sounds like a good deal - if one can afford it.

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

I don't understand why these guided tests can't be incorporated into the tool's onboard software. They should work on it.

The 3 years of updates actually sounds like a good deal - if one can afford it.
                        They can and already did. The Vantage Pro 2 channel scope software has the guided component tests built right into the software and there is no F@cking need to go onto the internet. They discontinued or soon will discontinue all the old platforms without good WIFI internet capability because they want you to h pay as you go if you want to access guided component testing now.All Good things must come to an end. "Gas, Gr@ss, or @ss, No more free Rides "said the Republican Hippie Scanning The Harley of Dr. Seuss with his new Zeuss

As far as the Edge price , it lists for close to $10K and it comes with a year of updates that I think it would. Now if the Zuess lists close to $16K you get 3 years (an extra 2 years of updates) for that extra 6K. How does 2 extra years of updates worth 6k ?I thought a year of updates for Verus cost $1250, maybe that's list price for every 6mo update period bought separately, but even then $1250 x 4 updates in 2 years only equates to $5K (when you actually need the newer car coverage) Are they including 3 years of Shop Key or Mitchell access in that price, then it wouldn't be a bad deal.

Comment

• wagzilla
                          • Oct 2014

What does this mean. Windows 7 Embedded?

1. dongle has a flash light
                          2. dongle beeps when you get to far from the scanner also lets customer to being it back.
                          3. beeps at the computer to let you know you forgot the dongle
                          Last edited by wagzilla; 08-31-2017, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

What does this mean. Windows 7 Embedded?
                            Probably means it's has Windows 7 OS but has the BIOS locked down and other security related measures that another program oversees and has control over what happens when and what you see on the screen.

Comment

• Chumer68
                              • Feb 2016

Here is a little demo on the new zeus for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDd4RO4YpA0

Comment

• antthecat
                                • Apr 2014

Has this got ability for heritage pre obd connectors? That dongle does not look like the adapters will not work. Cheers

Comment

Working...