X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Close calls

I seem to remember using the torch to heat something on a vehicle a few years ago in the back and some how I heard a woof and saw the plastic gas tank expand like it took in a deep breath and then it exhaled and contracted, but fortunately nothing exploded. Anyone else have any close calls
    Last edited by Witsend; 03-22-2019, 11:50 AM.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Do you mean like the time last week when the skid steer I was working on nearly ran me over ?

Comment

• DtechJon
      • Apr 2015

I had a 2005 2500 Duramax silverado that I was working on for a intermittent bucking/going in to neutral concern. I duplicated the concern on the service drive..I opened the hood and disconnected the grey connector at the tcm to see If I could at least get reverse and 3rd gear.. went back and plugged the connector back in and all I heard was a solenoid clicking on and the truck jumped in reverse...thank god I jumped off the ladder fast enough to move around the door and mash the brake pedal with my palm...I Guess the prndl wasn't working on the truck (there is a bulletin for that) I stuck it in reverse on accident...the boss was watching the whole thing too...

Comment

Working...