Verus: Positive feedback, positive experiences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mwada
    Hi Shannon,

Here are a few things.

Checking the fuel pressure drop with the Scope Viewer while activating the injectors with the scanner.
    That is excellent. I've been looking into getting a pressure transducer for precisely that reason. Very cool to be able to capture fuel pressure on the same screen with other data.

Originally posted by mwada
    Using Scope Viewer on a Cadillac with several shorted injectors and at the same time using Wavepoint to check the cylinder balance.
    I haven't used Wavepoint, but I have a read a bit about it. That is definitely a creative use of the Verus.

Comment

• eddiesverus
      • Dec 2008

Positive Feedback

I was somewhat upset when I 1st got the Verus, but now the more I use it the more I'm loving it. yes its not a perfect child and has still many bugs that need to be fixed, but eventually it will be better. I use the Verus to do flash programing using GM's MDI and Tech-2 passthrough programing, I also use I-Flash global programmer for other makes. I've also installed my other PC based scan tools such as E-scan, NGS-PC, and Bosch Mastertech VCI as backup scanners and OE level testing. I use wireless internet and have a central network printer setup for printing. This tool has save me lots of time in diagnosing and pin point testing vehicles that come to my shop. The scanner operation is no better than the Modis other that you can graph more data pids. using the scope while scanning data pids in the same screen is awesome. I had Alldata DVD based, and I switched to the online version so that I'm able to use it on the Verus, I wasn't too happy with online Alldata and I ditched it, now I switch to Shopkey5, I'm still getting used to it but so far its seems to be getting along fine with the Verus diagnostic suite. when I pull out a DTC's and just click on the link, I get to the service info test procedures right away saving me time from having to renter vehicle info and searching for the DTC test procedures though it doesn't work perfect it still save time. At this point the Verus should not completely replace your current scan tool and I wouldn't rely 100% on it, having a backup scan tool is needed while the Verus bugs are fixed. I would recommend you rather wait untill the smoke settles, but if you have a backup scanner then buying a Verus I would.
      Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's

Comment

• xp3333
        • Feb 2009

Postive Feedback

To all ears service pack two will be out this week and have the ignition capability. You must install service pack 1 first or it will abort. Total for 2 downloads I was told should only take 5 minutes. How come nobody brings up Shopkey. Wouldn't you like to see Snap-on's product right on Snap-on's screen. It is impressive. Glad to see that Tech's are starting to spin the wheels off the new platform.
        Lou A
        DSD

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

Verus and Ford IDS

I installed the Ford IDS platform on my Verus a few days ago and it works great! I had to manually download a driver for the VCM but that was a minor issue. As I mentioned in an earlier post I have a few other software applications installed with no major problems.

Just needs more hard drive space.

I wonder how many third party software applications can be installed on the Pegysis?

Comment

• Green Tree
            • Nov 2008

email

I like to email screen shots (they are just JPEGs and view right in the email client) to the main shop email. Very easy to show customer what is happening and why, that impresses the hell out of most of them.

Comment

• joenash
              • Jan 2009

Verus+++++++

I think it has some bugs, probably cause of windows but where can you sit in the car get all the info you need right at your fingertips, I mean I have cars come into the shop scan them and get right on alldata or mitchel and see what the codes mean, and I had a truck with a short I laid it on the seat and was reading the wiring diagram, not having to run from the car to the computer to the printer to the car again saves a lot of time, and if you want then you can print it to show the boss or the customer, or save the info or screen shot so far I think it it is good but I only have it a week and have not even used any of the vantage features. I think it is a good pice of equipment that people just have to learn how to use.
              I think for the price snap on should offer some kind of hands on training!
              JOENASH

Comment

Working...