Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbo4822
    • Mar 2014

Vehicle system report

When a system scan is done there is an option to save a report in the vehicle system report folder. Theer is no option given when saving to change the name of the folder that I can find. The file is saved basically as a date and time stamp, this makes finding the folder later a bit of a pain. Am i mission something on saving the name? Scanner data saves it with the car in the name, this would be helpful.
    I see i can change the name in the folder but having it save as the car would be good if i need to look for it at a later date.
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

I've noticed this too. It would be ever so much easier to identify past vehicles by the way we actually work. Like "hey, that blue '01 Tahoe you looked at last week" versus a set of numbers and dates when I have a hard time remembering what day THIS is.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I've noticed this too. It would be ever so much easier to identify past vehicles by the way we actually work. Like "hey, that blue '01 Tahoe you looked at last week" versus a set of numbers and dates when I have a hard time remembering what day THIS is.
      Lol The newer Verus platforms I believe have a Camera that you could take a photo of the front of the vehicle and possibly you could even ask customer to stand next to his or her vehicle for photos you can save and attach as files to the VIN #s so you better remember the times with your your dates Surprised they dont have a little 4 rectangle windows emblem next to VIN that you can hover the cursor over each part that display picture of car , picture of customer , past history , and special notes. Sounds like something they could add in a future update.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

Just a simple and straightforward way to name files how WE want versus an obtuse system default as all we're really trying to get across in this thread.

The camera is the very first thing I tried out on my Verus Edge AND the new Zeus. (Took a picture inside the tool truck) And have since used neither. The cameras are indeed potentially a quite useful feature, we just haven't and don't. And likely won't, since the pictures are assigned the same default date and number as a filename whether you like it or not and then filed away in a completely separate folder from the rest of the scanner information. Also there's no convenient way to attach those pictures to your vehicle report data and nobody has time to screw around with all you'd have to do to make that happen.

Which is why we have threads like this.

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by GypsyR
          Just a simple and straightforward way to name files how WE want versus an obtuse system default as all we're really trying to get across in this thread.

The camera is the very first thing I tried out on my Verus Edge AND the new Zeus. (Took a picture inside the tool truck) And have since used neither. The cameras are indeed potentially a quite useful feature, we just haven't and don't. And likely won't, since the pictures are assigned the same default date and number as a filename whether you like it or not and then filed away in a completely separate folder from the rest of the scanner information. Also there's no convenient way to attach those pictures to your vehicle report data and nobody has time to screw around with all you'd have to do to make that happen.

Which is why we have threads like this.
          With all the speech recognition technology, one would think they could come up with something whereby one could input the file name by voice and also do scan or scope notes the same way. Being easier and less time consuming, one would be far more likely to add useful commentary thus significantly adding to the value of saved scan and scope captures as well as scope presets.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• GypsyR
            • Jul 2017

I don't think either the Verus or Zeus have enough horsepower to do any voice recognition, they're pretty pokey as it is. Being Windows machines you can download and run various performance tests and see how slow they actually are.

All that said, you CAN pull up all that stuff pretty easily in your "car history" if you saved it. It's just not easy to pull up by hunting for it in the data folder. Data stays in the folder until you remove it. I imagine the car history rolls over at some point. I wonder when? What's the limit on the number of cars in the history? There is one, right?

Comment

• phill57
              • Oct 2007

service reports and saving files

Originally posted by GypsyR
              I don't think either the Verus or Zeus have enough horsepower to do any voice recognition, they're pretty pokey as it is. Being Windows machines you can download and run various performance tests and see how slow they actually are.

All that said, you CAN pull up all that stuff pretty easily in your "car history" if you saved it. It's just not easy to pull up by hunting for it in the data folder. Data stays in the folder until you remove it. I imagine the car history rolls over at some point. I wonder when? What's the limit on the number of cars in the history? There is one, right?
              I agree that the vehicle work order need some refreshing. In another thread I have mentioned a few things that could make it more useful. I am on my 4'th Verus product and currently have an Edge. I have vehicle records going back to 2010 as I migrated them from my previous units as I upgraded. I always search for a previous vehicle history and reload it. I make detailed comments and save data recordings, scope/meter recordings and screen shots to these records. I wish the system would automatically add screen shots and scope/meter recordings but these have to be manually added. There is a way to name the data recording and scope/meter recordings. Instead of just clicking the save button at the top of the screen, click File icon on the bottom screen, (third button over from the left of the Home button) then "File", then "Save' then "Collected Data" then you will be presented with the capability to give the saved recording a name of your choosing. Be careful not to use a "." in the file name as that may make the file unrecognizable to other windows software. You can even create sub folders for different makes etc. This works for screen shots as well using the same sequence except selecting "screenshot" and then naming. Screenshots and scope recordings will have to be manually added to the work order though.

I don't personally use the data manager as it just plain sucks. Open file manager and go to the folder with the files you would like to view and search for them that way.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...