Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smashas
    • Apr 2008

The new Snapon Verus

Hey guys with this new scantool will it be of OEM capabilities, like all PIDs and actuator test?
  • KM@PROAUTOTECH
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by smashas
    Hey guys with this new scantool will it be of OEM capabilities, like all PIDs and actuator test?

I have one in my hands with some test software, it does have the ability to allow adding of "other sotware" OEM.

Comment

• MasterWrench
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by KM@PROAUTOTECH
      I have one in my hands with some test software, it does have the ability to allow adding of "other sotware" OEM.
      What would "other software" comprise and could you post a screen shot or two???
      MasterWrench

Comment

• Nick
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MasterWrench
        What would "other software" comprise and could you post a screen shot or two???
        I will wager a guess. I think they are refering to OEM pc-based scan tool. Ford, GM (soon) Toyota Techstream (pictured below), etc..

I have the chance to play with techstream a few weeks ago. Very nce tool. I love how easy it is to navigate.

photo from my lap.
        Attached Files
        Mechanic-Instructor-Mobile Trouble Shooter

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• MasterWrench
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nick
          I will wager a guess. I think they are refering to OEM pc-based scan tool. Ford, GM (soon) Toyota Techstream (pictured below), etc..

I have the chance to play with techstream a few weeks ago. Very nce tool. I love how easy it is to navigate.

photo from my lap.
          Doesn't Snap-On make TechStream?

Really have to use that a bunch to make it pay. Initial cost and updates on the OEM as well as the Verus..
          MasterWrench

Comment

• Nick
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MasterWrench
            Doesn't Snap-On make TechStream?

Really have to use that a bunch to make it pay. Initial cost and updates on the OEM as well as the Verus..

Snap On does make parts of it from what I understand. The one I have pictured did not have the Snap On logo on the docking station. I know Denso is involved.

Delphi owned the tool I was playing with.
            Last edited by Nick; 08-08-2008, 05:16 AM. Reason: error

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

• jeffreyg
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Nick
              Snap On does make parts of it from what I understand. The one I have pictured did not have the Snap On logo on the docking station. I know Denso is involved also, that is who owned the tool I was playing with.
              That tool you were playing with is owned by Delphi not Denso. If that is Daves Techstream. I think I've seen that Prius before.

Jeff

Comment

• Nick
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jeffreyg
                That tool you were playing with is owned by Delphi not Denso. If that is Daves Techstream. I think I've seen that Prius before.

Jeff

DOH!.. My mistake.... I wll edit it.

Autotechdiagnostics.com

Comment

Working...