Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superchargedv8
    • Dec 2016

How to force regen bmw

I have a Modis edge scanner that im trying to do a force regen on a 2010 BMW X5 35d model with the 3.0 diesel engine. Is it even possible with this scanner? If not will the Verus edge do it? Or is my only option bmw specific software?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

What software version do you have ? A Verus Edge would have identical software other than 2 extra scope channels. Do you see the Forced Regen option listed on the scanner , but it just won't do the regeneration? Are there unresolved codes that may need to be addressed before the option is allowed to run (if forced regen is listed)? Did you verify all required parameters are met before test is ran?
    Did you see if the Lube Tech's Port Freight 08 or 908 lists the option?

Comment

• superchargedv8
      • Dec 2016

Beleive software version is 16.4. Initial problem was thermostat stuck open and heater valve code. Repaired both and both codes were cleared neither one came back. Customer drove over 300 miles and no regen. Automatic id gives alot of different ecm options if im understanding it correctly; went thru list and used ecm designation that gives me proper values for data. There is no option to force regen it gives me status of regen where it says active and then enabled but never says completed like it says it will when completed. Am i missing something?

Comment

• tech25
        • Oct 2017

Hey there, dont quote me but i think sometimes the filter needs to be replaced,
        this picture is taken from the BMW after sales training book.
        what kind of car is it, can you give me the the vin?
        thanks
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tech25; 02-14-2018, 10:55 AM. Reason: asking for complete vin

Comment

• superchargedv8
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by tech25
          Hey there, dont quote me but i think sometimes the filter needs to be replaced,
          this picture is taken from the BMW after sales training book.
          what kind of car is it, can you give me the the vin?
          thanks
          2010 x5 with 3.0 diesel dont have vin at the moment. Milage is at 135k

Comment

• tech25
            • Oct 2017

the mileage is around 217,000 km, which puts it in the mileage range for a replacement of the filter.
            these are some screen shots of ista i just took with your car input into it, there are two main options: regen, or replacement.
            you can see you can do a regen but it puts the DDE ( digital diesel electronics ) in a regen mode, you could perhaps go pedal to the floor on the highway when the car is hot and try to do it a manual way too.
            if not, a replacement may be in order.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Hot d@mn them Old Fictional Kinewton Valves have sorta become reality as Fartzfigkinewton Filters. Them cars might F@rt but will not Sh@rt

Comment

Working...