Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums Diagnostic Home . Diagnostic Product Index . Customer Care        
Diagnostic SoftwareDiagnostic PlatformsAsk-a-Tech, Automotive Repair InformationTech Central
Go Back   Snapon Diagnostics Product Forums > Snap-on Diagnostic Products > Diagnostic Platforms > SolusUltra User Forum
Home Today's Posts Register Members List FAQ
Thank you for visiting Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums.
You are currently NOT logged in to a registered account. Some functions of Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums will not be available to you if your are not logged in as a registered member. For a limited time only, registrationto Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums to Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums is !! FREE !! Select the    **REGISTER NOW**    link to register for your FREE Snap-on Diagnostics Product Forums account!!

Old 09-04-2018, 08:57 AM

autojoe Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Default Duplicate key transponder programming

2010 chrysler town and country only have one working key transponder and on dash says bad key. I have a snap on solus ultra with 17.2 software update. Do I have to go to the dealer for a duplicate key being need 2 working keys or maybe need two duplicates because on dash says bad key. Need two working keys to program additional keys. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you. Joe
Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

The 2 keys need to have to have 2 unique codes , otherwise if one is a cloned key of the other key, they will only be seen as the same single key turned in the ignition
Old 09-04-2018, 09:47 AM

autojoe Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

Thanks for reply.... So have to take to the dealer? Snap on solus ultra can not program a new key like a factory tool.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:45 AM

Witsend Made it to level 2!  Looks like you are on your way to becoming famous

Quote:
Thanks for reply.... So have to take to the dealer? Snap on solus ultra can not program a new key like a factory tool.
Today 11:12 AM
Yes , if the 2 working keys aren't recognized as having unique coding from one another, (one is a clone of the other ) and your Solus Ultra actually offers a Spare Key enable function like MaxiCyst, then either tool won't be allowed to work. I think the spare key enabled key would likely only be a copy clone from the coding of one of the 2 unique coded keys, so you would probably be screwed next time if you lost the key that was not the one the scanner copied the coding from to the new enabled key.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:09 PM

Steve6911 You made it!  You've done a great job ofearning reputation from your peers.  You now have secret access to a new hidden forum!

Joe

Call the dealer you use for parts, vehicle "should" be covered under R03 recall which includes a new WIN module and 2 new Fobik
Old 09-04-2018, 01:45 PM

Thanks for the info..... Found recall in my alldata and called dealer and they are ordering the parts. I didn't know about recall. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it. Thanks to others also for information also.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:51 AM

ToltecasChavez Congratulations!  Your peers have given you enough reputation to put you into the fist level!

If you are doing the job, I hope you know that the WIN module requires OEM tool programming. I know for 2010 they added more things you can flash. Not sure if WIN module is one of them. After the Repair Act, that should be available. but after 2017 models I believe. As far as PIN number goes, not sure how it works on new WIN modules. Either way, you should check to see if you can do this job with a J2534 tool or if it requires the original OEM tool. Good Luck!

P.S.: I have never done this job because I don't have the OEM tool. Have never checked for newer models with the J2534 tools and chryslers program, so I can't say if you can program WIN modules with it. I remember someone saying that it requires the OEM tool because not only does the WIN module need to be program, but so does the PCM and BCM for PIN/Secret Code to be transferred. Something along those lines. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.