Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davey3000
    • Mar 2009

Missing Screen data

I had a 1997 GMC pickup 2WD vin code M (5.0 L) in the other day with a p1345 (Crankshaft and Camshaft corellation mismatch) in the other day and I couldn't get the cam retard data screen to come up for nothing. I would have suppected the scanner but I have had two 1997 pickup's with the vin code R (5.7 L) 4WD in since then and it came up fine. Has anyone else had this problem??? I was using the MT2500 style scanner on all of them.

Just curious.

Thanks

Dave
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by davey3000
    I had a 1997 GMC pickup 2WD vin code M (5.0 L) in the other day with a p1345 (Crankshaft and Camshaft corellation mismatch) in the other day and I couldn't get the cam retard data screen to come up for nothing. I would have suppected the scanner but I have had two 1997 pickup's with the vin code R (5.7 L) 4WD in since then and it came up fine. Has anyone else had this problem??? I was using the MT2500 style scanner on all of them.
    --T-C--M-V-------, under 8600lbs, with AT. Check under "Troubleshooter", "Tests & Procedures", "Distributor Adjustment Procedure".

That's where it has been for a while.

Comment

• davey3000
      • Mar 2009

Sorry for not being alittle more specific. I know that it can be accessed from the troubleshooter, but when exiting the code history, I usually go to MIL light functional test, other data and then pick data list #4. Near the bottom is where the cam retard is found on that screeen. It is how I do it, just easier for me. I was just wondering if anyone else has had that missing info on that screen for the model of truck.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Comment

Working...