X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shalom
    • Sep 2008

2000 toyota codes p0325 + vsc 42

2000 toyota avalon 3.0 xls w/auto trans vin=4t1bf28boyu045660
    came in with codes p0171 - p0325 and vsc code 42, customer complaint was low power when passing cars on hiway.

After a quick check found that the lean condition (p0171) was a dirty maf sensor, after cleaning it, the car performed well at wot, and the high speed and high rpm ign. clatter was gone. Cleared the system and noticed that on the road test the ses light and svc lights came on at the same time. A recheck showed p0325, p0330 and again the vsc code 42. I cleared it once more and the codes set again (at the same time)(again with the vsc 42)(minus p0171) at a lower speed and load.

I went through the diag. tree for code p0325 and p0330, and it suggest to replace the ecm. $1000.00 (I am not ready for that)? (vsc 42 is a loss of communiction between the tl-ecm and the ecm)

With the Modis and a digital meter I was getting what might be an aceptable frequecy reading off both of the knock sensors. (What ever is normal at 4000 rpm according to specs. ?)

I found that some Honda models call for the trac. light to come with the ses light to get the drivers attention. ???

Thanks guys for any help!
    Dennis
  • sdlindsey
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Shalom
    2000 toyota avalon 3.0 xls w/auto trans vin=4t1bf28boyu045660
    came in with codes p0171 - p0325 and vsc code 42, customer complaint was low power when passing cars on hiway.

After a quick check found that the lean condition (p0171) was a dirty maf sensor, after cleaning it, the car performed well at wot, and the high speed and high rpm ign. clatter was gone. Cleared the system and noticed that on the road test the ses light and svc lights came on at the same time. A recheck showed p0325, p0330 and again the vsc code 42. I cleared it once more and the codes set again (at the same time)(again with the vsc 42)(minus p0171) at a lower speed and load.

I went through the diag. tree for code p0325 and p0330, and it suggest to replace the ecm. $1000.00 (I am not ready for that)? (vsc 42 is a loss of communiction between the tl-ecm and the ecm)

With the Modis and a digital meter I was getting what might be an aceptable frequecy reading off both of the knock sensors. (What ever is normal at 4000 rpm according to specs. ?)

I found that some Honda models call for the trac. light to come with the ses light to get the drivers attention. ???
    Have you considered download the ShopStream Connect w/ Ask-A-Tech Live program and posting your question there?

Comment

• rk1129
      • Sep 2009

toyota check engine light

when the check engine light comes on, the vsc light automaticly comes on.
      this is true for all toyotas with stability control. very common to have to replace the mass air flow sensors,cleaning is not always enough.

Comment

Working...