Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eddiesverus
    • Dec 2008

Which Scan Platform do you like best

Out of all new and old Snap-On Scan-Tools do you like best. Be honest and give your opinion. Don't take into consideration the software in example 10.2 vs 10.4 yet, just the hardware platforms.
    The Verus (Wireless or original)
    0%
    The Verdict
    0%
    The Modis
    0%
    The Solus (Pro and Original)
    0%
    The Ethos
    0%
    Hard Work, commitment, Honesty and not giving up is what Makes us better Tech's
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
    Out of all new and old Snap-On Scan-Tools do you like best. Be honest and give your opinion. Don't take into consideration the software in example 10.2 vs 10.4 yet, just the hardware platforms.
    The one that works properly.

Comment

• kebo1970
      • Nov 2008

The One That Works Properly;enough Said.

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by eddiesverus
        Hardwarewise, I believe the Verus is at the top of the heap. It is unfortunate we have to accept the software we get with the hardware in some cases. A superior hardware platform can be crippled by its
        software to the point that a lesser platform with proven, stable software
        that hasn't been majorly monkeyed with when it didn't need to be winds up actually being the better choice.

Right now, Modis owners are just smiling and fixing cars and MAKING MONEY while 10.4 Verus owners are busy instead cussing their tools and Snap On and fighting lockups and software when they should be able to
        make money.

I voted for the Verus, but would buy a 10.4 Modis before a 10.4 Verus.

The Verdict has some hardware features I wish they had included in the
        2nd Verus. Maybe if they built a 3rd generation Verus...
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Yes, I have a Modis (10.4). Together with my Seiko thermal printer and a good laptop i can focus on learning how to use my pass-thru device and other new tech. instead of messing with my scan tool. Had my modis for 5 years now, never skipped a beat! Its tough in the bright sun but i wouldn't trade it for anything.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
            • Jan 2011

I like the simplicity the Solus Pro Offers but Hands Down I am a big Fan Of The Verus Platforum. I see so much potential with it as an all in one tool. Esspecialy with the ability to go online and link up to what ever site you are using for repair data or just search the internet in general for repair tips.

Comment

• dbarnes5654
              • Apr 2007

Solus Pro! Along with the Vantage pro. Same software as the other scanners but if one needs to go in for repair, your not completely dead in the water.

Comment

Working...