Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott 79
    • Mar 2014

How about the new "subscription" for Snap on Diagnostic products

Started a subscription today for updates to my verdict and Modis, seems like a pretty good deal, anybody have any feedback? $25 a week and don't have to pay for updates when they come out.
  • chopperb
    • Aug 2013

I got it to for my verdict. Seems like a good deal. Not a bad price to keep it up to date. Did you get the enrollment fee waived?

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Hey, So basically a shop owner could pool all of his employee's Snap On Scan tool serial numbers under his shop's name and keep them all up to date for his cost of just $25 a week ? So a payroll deduction of $5 a week from each of His 10 employees , the shop owner that buys the shop update subscription could finally make some money off his employees? Sounds like a good deal versus not paying $1300 a year and buying a new DS 708 every year for the cost of one year of updates.

Comment

• Scott 79
        • Mar 2014

Witsend, not sure about the multiple sub, I only entered my Verdict yesterday, my Modis is a few updates behind and he thinks I will have to bring it to date before we can use this subscription for it. I don't know all the specifics, I am a small shop with only the two scan tools.

Yes, they waived the initial fees...

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I'm sure there is a limit to the number of tools a shop can get updated for one subscription price. Maybe shop employees could collectively bargain to have Mitchel on Demand tossed in for the shop for free if 3 employees purchase the update subscription.

Comment

• Matt
            • Dec 2008

Hey Scott, I've been on the subscription program for one full year now. The smaller monthly payments have been easier for my small shop to digest. It's also great peace of mind to know my scan tool is always up to date with the latest software. In the past I would let the latest software versions "slide" until I was several behind due to my small budget. I finally convinced myself that there was no reason to own a cutting edge scan tool and operate it on outdated software. This subscription program has worked very well for my shop, allowing me to keep my scan tool current and the payments more manageable.

Comment

Working...