Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goz007
    • Dec 2016

solus pro 13.4

hi guys new to the forum.....ive been offered a solus pro 13.4 it sounds like its at the right price $800(the seller says it had an update last year) ,im just concerned as it has no cables/plugs/connectors, no charger(he sys hes keeping them-he has powered the unit up & showed it to me working)....am i still able to buy them & will buying them blow the cost out,also wondering if updates would be still avalible for it? & how old would the unit be ?
    thanks for any replys/help....Goz.
  • ralleman
    • Sep 2016

Seems expensive. Latest update is 16.4 and it is the last update for this unit
    As I understand it you have till march to upgrade after that no dice.
    Quick search on eBay shows a 15.4 one , complete for 999.00

or a 13.4 unit complete for $999 obo :

I just bought a modis with 16.2 with out cables for 800.00 , but I had some cables with my MT2500.

Rik

Comment

• ralleman
      • Sep 2016

I just noticed you're in Australia , maybe need different car lines compared to the USA ones I work on overhere

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

You might want to check with Tech Support in Australia on the updates for that unit. In the US, the Solus Pro is on its last update, as already mentioned by ralleman. In US Dollars, $800 is too much for a SP with 3 year old software. Especially because it will no longer be supported 3 months from now.
        Get the details on software and repair support in AUS, then you can make a better decision.

Cables and connectors are still available, and will definitely be available for another 3 months. After that, I suspect you will still be able to buy parts for it, but no guarantees....at least here in the US.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• goz007
          • Dec 2016

thanks for the advise

cheers guys & thanks for the Advise.....i did end up buying the machine for $800 dollars (aus)not to bad im thinking as i cant find one over hear for less then$1000 (aus) but ended up getting it with everything=all the personality keys(on a ruff count theres about 50)got a whole heap of different cables the charger all its booklets & instruction dvds & came in its original carry case,it seems to be a great little machine & has worked well with no issues, i will find out if it can be updated as its only able to do vehicles up to 2013.....now the only issue i do have with it is i cant set the date & the date is saying its 1987?any help would be great as its got me beat(i do intend bring it up with the snap-on rep when i see him but havent caught up with him yet.)any help much appreciated,Best Regards Goz.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Well $800 doesn't sound all too bad considering you got Australian version software with unlocked USA and European coverage and all the adapters and keys and a scanner that graphs and has OBD1covered. 13.4 may have still had the bulk of the Fast Trak trouble shooter data base built into the software itself instead of dependent on WIFI and hi speed internet connection with a current update subscription to work, like I think the set up is now.

Comment

• ephratah service center
              • Oct 2007

I dont remember but I think time and date are located under tools or set up. I know in the solus ultra it is under tools menu hope this helps.

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by goz007
                cheers guys & thanks for the Advise.....i did end up buying the machine for $800 dollars (aus)not to bad im thinking as i cant find one over hear for less then$1000 (aus) but ended up getting it with everything=all the personality keys(on a ruff count theres about 50)got a whole heap of different cables the charger all its booklets & instruction dvds & came in its original carry case,it seems to be a great little machine & has worked well with no issues, i will find out if it can be updated as its only able to do vehicles up to 2013.....now the only issue i do have with it is i cant set the date & the date is saying its 1987?any help would be great as its got me beat(i do intend bring it up with the snap-on rep when i see him but havent caught up with him yet.)any help much appreciated,Best Regards Goz.
                We might think the date/time should be easier to set but alas....
                What I found that works is to set the time to 11:59-PM, then shut the machine off and wait a couple of minutes.
                When you transition past midnight and power back on, it's on the next day.
                If you can set it to Dec-31-1987 11:59-PM, then wait a couple of minutes, you're to the next year. (Jan-01-1988)....Reset it again to Dec-31-1988 11:59-pm, shut down and wait a couple of minutes, then power back on.... It will take a while to work your way forward but it might be doable.
                If you can connect to ShopStream Connect, that system may pick up a date correction.....
                Barring that, the SnapOn truck might be your last resort.

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

We might think the date/time should be easier to set but alas....
                  What I found that works is to set the time to 11:59-PM, then shut the machine off and wait a couple of minutes.
                  When you transition past midnight and power back on, it's on the next day.
                  If you can set it to Dec-31-1987 11:59-PM, then wait a couple of minutes, you're to the next year. (Jan-01-1988)....Reset it again to Dec-31-1988 11:59-pm, shut down and wait a couple of minutes, then power back on.... It will take a while to work your way forward but it might be doable.
                  If you can connect to ShopStream Connect, that system may pick up a date correction.....
                  Barring that, the SnapOn truck might be your last resort.
                  Then you better party like it's 1999, cuz you'll have to say bye bye to the old board and processor when it hits Y2K.

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                    Then you better party like it's 1999, cuz you'll have to say bye bye to the old board and processor when it hits Y2K.
                    Wasn't the world going to stop turning and the sky cave in then-??

Comment

• goz007
                      • Dec 2016

solus pro updates

witsend thats very funny mate.....sounds like you might be stuck in 1999 & still trippin out on those funny little blue pills.....lol.
                      hey guys can you tell me if the American Solus Pro is the same as the Australian model & am i correct in believing that the American model is on its last update & can be updated to 16.4? the reason i ask is i gave my Solus Pro to the Snap-on dealer today to see if i could get it updated to 16.4(as mine is at 13.4-currently doing most Australian/japanese&European cars up to 2011/12)the dealer plugged it in & it wouldnt update, he tried a few times & every time it came back with no updates avalible.....i also asked him to update the date on it & this also had him scratching his head(he ended up keeping it & telling me he would talk to the guru's at head office & find out about the updates & setting the date(also thanks for the advise Crusty as your method will probably be what i need to do,as you say it may take a while as i will need to do it day by day-going 11:59 each day.....mmmm should be most enjoyable but anyway thanks again as its the only logical idea i have a.t.m-hopefully the Snap-on rep gives it back updated with correct date.....but maybe im just living in hope & its going to come back no updates avalible & still living with witsend in 1987 wishing it was 1999) anyway i'll keep u updated with the outcome.....other than that its worked well everytime ive used it the only other issue ive had with it is i scanned an Australian Ford the other day(2011 Ford Territory)which uses 3 different keys for different functions K20,K19&k17 , the K20 wouldnt give me access & kept telling me that no connection was avalible but then the K19 key would allow me access as would the K17 the fault was a vehcile speed sensor fault which should have come under the K20key but both the other keys allowed me in to view & clear the fault.....mmmm im no asuming my K20 might be faulty, but i dont see how the audio(k17key)allowed me in & allowed me to clear the fault.....anyway the journey continues

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

....sounds like you might be stuck in 1999 & still trippin out on those funny little blue pills.....lol.
                        If I take one now a days it's hard to find good place in 2017 to get all jacked up .

Sounds like Snappy might have slipped the old Solus Pro a little Ethos and Date Raped it
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Witsend; 02-23-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• goz007
                          • Dec 2016

thanks for the advise

witsend......your a funny guy n i like your stlye..... ;0)

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                            Snap-on DSD
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by goz007
                            witsend thats very funny mate.....sounds like you might be stuck in 1999 & still trippin out on those funny little blue pills.....lol.
                            hey guys can you tell me if the American Solus Pro is the same as the Australian model & am i correct in believing that the American model is on its last update & can be updated to 16.4? the reason i ask is i gave my Solus Pro to the Snap-on dealer today to see if i could get it updated to 16.4(as mine is at 13.4-currently doing most Australian/japanese&European cars up to 2011/12)the dealer plugged it in & it wouldnt update, he tried a few times & every time it came back with no updates avalible.....i also asked him to update the date on it & this also had him scratching his head(he ended up keeping it & telling me he would talk to the guru's at head office & find out about the updates & setting the date(also thanks for the advise Crusty as your method will probably be what i need to do,as you say it may take a while as i will need to do it day by day-going 11:59 each day.....mmmm should be most enjoyable but anyway thanks again as its the only logical idea i have a.t.m-hopefully the Snap-on rep gives it back updated with correct date.....but maybe im just living in hope & its going to come back no updates avalible & still living with witsend in 1987 wishing it was 1999) anyway i'll keep u updated with the outcome.....other than that its worked well everytime ive used it the only other issue ive had with it is i scanned an Australian Ford the other day(2011 Ford Territory)which uses 3 different keys for different functions K20,K19&k17 , the K20 wouldnt give me access & kept telling me that no connection was avalible but then the K19 key would allow me access as would the K17 the fault was a vehcile speed sensor fault which should have come under the K20key but both the other keys allowed me in to view & clear the fault.....mmmm im no asuming my K20 might be faulty, but i dont see how the audio(k17key)allowed me in & allowed me to clear the fault.....anyway the journey continues
                            Faulty K20 keys are not uncommon. when you have a communication issue on a Ford, that is the first suspect.
                            you will have to find out from your local dealer or local tech support for the final answer on software updates on that scanner. In the US, software is still available for them, but not for long. because your software covers 3 markets, it may be different.

Joe
                            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                            Henry Ford

Comment

• goz007
                              • Dec 2016

solus pro

thanks for the reply Joe......
                              yeah as i suspected ive had no luck with the updates or the date set.....got the solus pro back from the snap-on dealer & he claimed that because it had missed so many updates he was unable to update it & also had no idea how to set the date(i can only imagine how many times i will have to reset the time to 11;59pm switch it off wait a few minutes & switch it back on to get from 1987 to 2017) ......mmmm so very helpful, thanks for your lack of help&support snap-on Australia(all my dealer could suggest/wanted to do was sell me a new scanner after explaining that he couldnt help with the solus pro....mmm no thanks).....i also bought a new K20 key off him & tried it again on that Ford territory but was still unable to access it,im know going down the path of looking for anthor vehcile that also requires that same key & see if i can access it(i believe the toyota klugger also uses this k20 key so i'll give it a go on one of them)the only other thing im thinking is mabye the connector cable(EAA0335L46C) has a fault i will also try to locate/buy anthor cable & try this if it fails on the Toyota....its just a strange situation that i can access this Ford through the other two keys(K19/17) no problem but cant with the K20 unless its somthing to do with the scanner itsself.....i'll keep investigating & see how i go.

Comment

Working...