Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterWrench
    • Oct 2006

Followed Questions

I looked and I have 2008 followed questions in my followed list. To remove them I have to do it one at a time. Is there a way we could get a "select all" or checkbox to select questions we want removed? It would be good if when the question is closed it automatically falls off of my followed list.
    MasterWrench
  • Nick_Taylor
    Administrator
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by MasterWrench
    I looked and I have 2008 followed questions in my followed list. To remove them I have to do it one at a time. Is there a way we could get a "select all" or checkbox to select questions we want removed? It would be good if when the question is closed it automatically falls off of my followed list.
    I have that on my list although I'm not sure people would want them to fall off when closed since they might be using it to bookmark favorite posts.
    SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• MasterWrench
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
      I have that on my list although I'm not sure people would want them to fall off when closed since they might be using it to bookmark favorite posts.

I did not think about using it for bookmarks. I automatically "follow" any question I reply to so I can respond until there is a fix or another is helping the questioner. That way I get emails everytime someone replies to the question.
      MasterWrench

Comment

• Crusty
        • Dec 2007

What about a remove function...... select all by page that allows you to deselect one or two you want to keep active, then delete the remaining checked threads.
        Then next page, select all, deselect one or two as you like, then clear the checked threads.

Comment

• MasterWrench
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Crusty
          What about a remove function...... select all by page that allows you to deselect one or two you want to keep active, then delete the remaining checked threads.
          Then next page, select all, deselect one or two as you like, then clear the checked threads.
          That is what I meant by checkboxes to select so you do not have to do it one at a time. 2000 or so would take a long time.
          MasterWrench

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

That is what I meant by checkboxes to select so you do not have to do it one at a time. 2000 or so would take a long time.
            If you could remove one every 5 seconds (which you can't 'cause the site is too slow) it would take the better part of three hours doing it one by one.
            A bulk selection would be a better way, as you suggested.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
              Administrator
              • Jan 2014

Thanks for all of the feedback. I'll make notes in my list of update requests.

Comment

• GM guy
                • Dec 2006

followed questions

I believe your followed question automatically clear out after 2 weeks. Does that sound correct Nick?

Comment

• MasterWrench
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by GM guy
                  I believe your followed question automatically clear out after 2 weeks. Does that sound correct Nick?
                  I have some in mine that are over a year old. ...
                  MasterWrench

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
                    Administrator
                    • Jan 2014

I have some in mine that are over a year old. ...
                    There are settings in your My Profile page to set when they get deleted. It's under the Communication tab.

Comment

• MasterWrench
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Nick_Taylor
                      There are settings in your My Profile page to set when they get deleted. It's under the Communication tab.
                      I found that setting and have it set at 2 weeks. Unfortunately all of the questions older than that have not been deleted.
                      MasterWrench

Comment

Working...