Vantage Ultra and Vantage Pro same price?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SPS10.4
    • Aug 2012

Too cool!

Nice find! That should keep you busy for a while!

Comment

• Wheel
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
      MT3000A, I picked up today , self tests passed , cheap. It looks to be in amazing condition and remote worked when I tried it .It's supposed to have capability to run my an MT2500, or OTC scanner, off it ,but needs some sort of optional cable that goes from serial port A of the MT3100 to the scanner. I believe It has some sort of null adapter thingy that fits in between somewhere.
      If anyone knows how to do it. My old MT2500 has dark spots on parts of it's screen and be nice to just use it off the scope display screen.
      Snap on once sold a cable that would go directly from scanner to scope.
      It used to be included in the old Scan Grafix software kit. Also the same cable the original Vantage used to upload screenshots to a computer. If Snap On no longer sells it, you might buy one from AES.
      Automotive diagnostic equipment sales and support for professional automotive technicians, schools, instructors, and trainers. Services include custom manufacturing and product development.

Then it is a matter of setting up scanner and scope with the same baud rate
      as indicated in the instruction manuals as well as other settings.

AES also sold a cable to upload mt3000 scope captures to their aeswave software if you are interested.
      You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

MT 3000A to MT2500 cable

Thanks Wheel , I ordered a Snap On 500 cable for $20 and a 440 Low amp probe for $50 off E-bay the other day, and a pair of fused wire loops (for low amp probe pickup attachment) off AES wave site for around $30

I found a great PDF file online (link above)I downloaded to keep in the event I ever need to search online for parts #of things for the MT300A or MT3100 gas analyzer (I don't have the gas analyzer or optional boom YET)
        I'm wondering though, if I laid the HEI coil adapter over a suspect problem COP (coil on plug) set up, that it would work in place of a Coil On Plug adapter and still pickup a decent trace?
        Last edited by Witsend; 05-06-2014, 02:35 PM. Reason: BETA Posting update LOL

Comment

Working...