X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

SOLUS Ultra Failure... Again

2006 Lexus GX470 JTJBT20XX60100945

Steering Angle Sensor reading always displays 34 degrees, and does not change with steering wheel movement. Yes, the steering angle sensor is functioning properly.
  • Snap-on_ULTRA
    • Jul 2012

yeah. I got 14.2 and it shows that it covers BMW to 2012, on 2011 335i I have no real camshaft angle data, no adaptions clear functions. It is just a generic code reader.

Comment

• Crusty
      • Dec 2007

MISSING PIDS AGAIN......and I do mean AGAIN....
      Missing pids or pids that are inaccurate.....there really isn't any reason, excuse, or justification for it.
      I don't see a lot of Euro here but when we do need the tools to support US, they let us down.
      You two fellows have supported SnapOn with a combined EIGHT SnapOn tools listed.
      I think SnapOn should support YOU.

KEEP telling them.
      One lone voice and they'll IGNORE YOU unless you keep at it.

I can empathize with your frustrations. Unfortunately people will just end up going away from the big corporations and they'll say "no big deal, losing one customer".

Missing or inaccurate pids are just plain unacceptable, regardless of carline.

I wonder if it will take them a DECADE to fix these issues.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Crusty
        I can empathize with your frustrations. Unfortunately people will just end up going away from the big corporations and they'll say "no big deal, losing one customer".

Missing or inaccurate pids are just plain unacceptable, regardless of carline.

I wonder if it will take them a DECADE to fix these issues.
        As I have stated in the past, when I did some volunteer work behind the (Snap-on Diagnostics) iron curtain in San Jose, CA, and it took them 4-5 years to correct errors I found then.

While working on the inside.

Now I am on the outside looking in.

I expect an even poorer response time.

Yes, the Snap-On scan tools are not much more than over glorified generic scan tools. With so many missing and/or incorrect data parameters etc., how can you trust them?

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Re inside the Iron Curtain < LOL

Hey,BMW Jedi, So what did you do that got you fired as a volunteer? Are you the reason we haven't seen a decent Calendar update for about 20 years now?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by BMW JEDI
            As I have stated in the past, when I did some volunteer work behind the (Snap-on Diagnostics) iron curtain in San Jose, CA, and it took them 4-5 years to correct errors I found then.

While working on the inside.

Now I am on the outside looking in.

I expect an even poorer response time.

Yes, the Snap-On scan tools are not much more than over glorified generic scan tools. With so many missing and/or incorrect data parameters etc., how can you trust them?
            They are very slow to respond to issues. They "SEEM" to get there, eventually.......The top 5 at the corporate top make multiple SIX-FIGURE-INCOMES-!!!
            I DON"T begrudge someone making their due....(note-!! their DUE-!!), but when they also DON'T PROVIDE the ability to make effective and TIMELY CORRECTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS, when less than 1-percent of their gargantuan salaries would provide the "resources" to the middle level managers to do so, well, THEN I begrudge them every penny.

There are some good people at SnapON. Some of them try really hard. The upper level needs to not be QUITE so GREEDY, in their rarified air in the Ivory Tower in the penthouse suite where they are completely out of touch and removed from their core of customers.

I Sincerely HOPE things improve.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Witsend
              Hey,BMW Jedi, So what did you do that got you fired as a volunteer? Are you the reason we haven't seen a decent Calendar update for about 20 years now?
              I moved on.

That is one of my favorite calendars. I still have a few, including that one, packed away somewhere....

Comment

• gravygrabber
                • Dec 2011

I've had 2 GM's in the last month that have parking assist warning lights on. My ultra is running two versions behind and can't "find" the module. Borrowed a OTC Bosch scanner from MAC and it's right there.
                Called Snap-On after going to a Jim Morris Snap-On diag. class and they said that if I updated the unit to 14.2 it would see the module and work fine.
                I was told about the subscription program that would help with the updates. Fine I let my dealer run my scan tool and he says it's "too old" to be in the program. Huh?!? I got the Ultra when it first came out 2 years ago maybe. It's not old at all. He did offer to upgrade it right there for 1K.
                I declined.
                Thinking about trading for the OTC scanner or anything else. I can't afford 1K every 4-6 months as a dealer tech just to keep this shitbrick running.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gravygrabber
                  I let my dealer run my scan tool and he says it's "too old" to be in the program. Huh?!? I got the Ultra when it first came out 2 years ago maybe. It's not old at all. He did offer to upgrade it right there for 1K.
                  Your Snap-on guy is misinformed, at best, or worse. Your Solus Ultra qualifies for the new program, which is not really much of a savings over the standard update process (saves you $250 over 18 months).

Comment

• Crusty
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gravygrabber
                    Fine I let my dealer run my scan tool and he says it's "too old" to be in the program. Huh?!? I got the Ultra when it first came out 2 years ago maybe. It's not old at all. He did offer to upgrade it right there for 1K.

HORSE PUCKEY

I declined.

GOOD MOVE

Thinking about trading for the OTC scanner or anything else. I can't afford 1K every 4-6 months as a dealer tech just to keep this shitbrick running.
                    But, But, But, it's the NEW AND IMPROVED solus scanner. They keep coming out with new versions and while some of the characteristics are newer and in line with the latest technology (such as touch screens and wireless), they keep getting POORER in true real functionality.

Comment

• Witsend
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2012

Ability to Updating and fill in old software holes on demand

Any Software for 10 year old cars on a 5 year old scanners should no longer have any holes left to fill. I think Snap On should try to update all scanners like Windows updates and patches holes in the operating systems like security updates on a PC. (Basically make sense as job security updates for future of Snap On Diagnostic tools)
                      I can see having some holes in OE typesoftware for a few years, 3-4 years a few holes , and no holes after 5 years.
                      Any Snap On Scanner with 14.2 should get any added features of software versions to come that apply to 2009 or older vehicles automatically be checked for software holes and updated free for life of the scanner.

Comment

Working...