Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Ford 6.0 Injector Operation Revisited

Previously I've posted on the operation of the 6.0 injectors, particularly to voltage patterns when back probed. http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ead.php?t=3306
    The vehicle in the post was an 07 6.0 so I was a little taken back when I was playing around back probing an 03 6.0. Not the same at all. The 07 showed a steady 48 volts on the injector power supply to both, the open and closed injector solenoids. With the 03 6.0 however the FICM doesn't crank up the voltage on the power side of the solenoid until the ground side is commanded "closed" to ground. The operation is some what the same for both the open and closed solenoids. To be fair there is not voltage test for the injectors in the snap On component tests, mostly for safety sake with the higher voltages I guess. Or maybe not that much can be learned from it. But I thought the operation was interesting. I wonder what year the FICM operation changed ? More later....
    Attached Files
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

nice work, the 2003 and early 2004 6.0s have a different calibration. Anything built after the 6th month of 2004 will have a calibration that's different in the ficm/pcm/tcm.

Comment

• Yahiko
      • Oct 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share that data. I know a guy that
      has a lot of FICM info do to the fact that is what they do all day.

If you have a FICM question more than likely Ed at Ficmrepair can
      answer it for you.

Once again Thanks

Sean

Comment

Working...