Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snap-on_ULTRA
    • Jul 2012

Solus-PRO last software update 16.2?

I wonder when will Solus-PRO be discontinued? Is 16.2 the last update?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think they discontinued updates for the original Solus with 15.2. The pro is about a 4 year newer model scanner, so I would think at least 3 more years of support left or around the time they come up with the Edge's successor , Hmmmm The Solus Estrus?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
      Snap-on DSD
      • Aug 2007

16.4 will be the last software update for the Solus Pro. Customers will have between October 1st and Match 30th to get one.

Joe
      "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
      Henry Ford

Comment

• Snap-on_ULTRA
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
        16.4 will be the last software update for the Solus Pro. Customers will have between October 1st and Match 30th to get one.

Joe
        Nice to know that. I missed original Solus 15.2 update, now I am stuck at 10.4forever. Don't want to make the same mistake with Solus Pro

Comment

• Dashinoku
          • Aug 2016

Joe
          What about SSC, I thought SSC main point was updating without the need for the truck

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Dashinoku
            What about SSC, I thought SSC main point was updating without the need for the truck
            SSC can deliver software patches, but not updates. They are only purxhsed through your dealer.

Joe
            Henry Ford

Comment

• Dashinoku
              • Aug 2016

SSC can deliver software patches, but not updates. They are only purxhsed through your dealer.

Joe
              Then they should really learn how to word them files otherwise they're lying to us...

It says it right there... It gives updates and upgrades

Comment

• Snap-on_ULTRA
                • Jul 2012

Local truck guy said he can update Regular Solus to the last one 15.2 version. I asked him how can he do it but snap on corporate said to me they don't even sell 15.2 anymore. He said he saved the 15.2 file so he can do it for $300. obviously something funny is going on here.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Snap-on_ULTRA
                  Local truck guy said he can update Regular Solus to the last one 15.2 version. I asked him how can he do it but snap on corporate said to me they don't even sell 15.2 anymore. He said he saved the 15.2 file so he can do it for $300. obviously something funny is going on here.
                  That's pretty interesting. I didn't know a dealer could roll back their ScanBay to do that. I suppose if they saved their old CDs it would still work though. Obviously it can be done.
                  As far as corporate Snap-on is concerned, as soon as a new update is available, the old part numbers are turned off. One reason for this is that it saves someone from mistakenly buying an old update. Another reason would be to reduce the number of SKUs (normal corporate practice). There may be other reasons too, but those are 2 good ones.

Joe
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• chago
                    • Jan 2017

solus pro

Solus-PRO 16.2 the last update

Comment

• chago
                      • Jan 2017

16.2 the last updrade

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Those Snappy Dealers should all save the Final Legacy updates of all the old scanners, take discontinued scanners in on trade update them for $300 cost and sell as many as possible to student techs before they buy a Chinese tool

Comment

• Snap-on_ULTRA
                          • Jul 2012

Moderation here told me that 16.4 is the last update, but I do see 17.2 already out for it

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

Moderation here told me that 16.4 is the last update, but I do see 17.2 already out for it
                            I would be pissed if I rushed to get my Solus Pro updated to the final 16.4 if I didn't absolutely need the latest coverage at the time , just to find out I could have waited longer and got 17.2 with even newer coverage.
                            Definitely want to be make sure 17.2 will work fine on Solus Pro before hand. Vantage pro is the only non touch screen , non WI FI platform left still supported 17.2 I know of .
                            What if you have to resort to a USB mouse if all the Pro buttons no longer work? How about Sure trak trouble shooter on scanner, since I think it is now all internet accessed and dependent on having a current update subscription? Not a pop in fast trak trouble shooter cartridge or a permanent image on a SD card or hard drive you once always had on the scanner software ?What if on 17.2 that is now gone and not accessible to Solus Pro for lack of WIFI connection feature?

Comment

• wickahead
                              • Sep 2017

I have 17.2 on my SolusPro.

I have 17.2 on my SolusPro.

I do notice that there are times when the scanner won't connect (establish communications with) a particular vehicle. Last week a 2007 VW, this week a 2003 Mini.

I came on the forums to search for a fix/workaround, and came across this thread.

Comment

Working...