X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phill57
    • Oct 2007

Programming SRS Module on Land Rover

Good day.

I am attempting to perform a programming of a SRS module on a 2014 Range Rover Evoque for a local body shop. I am trying to find out id LR and TOPIx will allow this as I have never done a LR before. I am even having a problem with the TOPIx registration but that's another issue. I am an independant shop and the nearest LR dealer is 700 miles away so towing the vehicle there is costly. Can we program this SRS module with the J2534 passthrough?

Thanks
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Wonder if Range Rover might offer a remote programing service accessing your laptop and pass through using team viewer remotely with you on the phone to verify the details?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
      • Apr 2011

Lol, funny because I actually tried to find out as well. My experience was that according to Land Rover, which the call was transferred to someone in europe, they told me that my PPTII should work. I told them it was a cardaq plus with snap-on name on top. Still gave me the same answer. So in the end, I didn't do the programming and the customer went to the dealer bc I was taking too long to research. Whatever.
      So later on, I ended up buying an Autologic AssistPlus so I can have them program these cars for me. Then a month later I purchased a VCM II original and just got the SSD IDS with offline programming....AND I HAVE YET TO PROGRAM A LAND ROVER/RANGE ROVER! Ha Ha Ha! Life sucks.
      Last edited by ToltecasChavez; 06-29-2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• phill57
        • Oct 2007

Programming SRS on Land Rover

Well two weeks later, three laptops and hours of downloads and software installs I was finally able to program the SRS module on this 14 LR. The PTP 2 worked flawlessly with SDD but the LR SDD software will only run on Windows 7 32 bit specifically with Internet Explorer 8. It is recommended to have a minimum of 4 gigs of ram but I got by with just two. Did have to install an older version of the J2534 toolbox because the current version is not compatible with SDD hardware specs. It takes 7 to 10 hours to download and install the SDD software, perform current updates, download and install the guided diagnostic software and the vehicle as built files. The SDD software is not user friendly and tech support is via email only. Plus 167 pounds, around $300.00 Canadian for 24 hours access to programming files and capability.

Not a money making job for sure, probably never have to do another or at least I hope not. The only reason I attempted this is cause the nearest dealer is 800 klm away.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

You have determination and patience, much more than me. Good job !!!

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

I'd tell em to kick rocks, should of thought about all that before they bought that garbage. Just my op in yon.
            S. Breland

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by phill57
              Well two weeks later, three laptops and hours of downloads and software installs I was finally able to program the SRS module on this 14 LR. The PTP 2 worked flawlessly with SDD but the LR SDD software will only run on Windows 7 32 bit specifically with Internet Explorer 8. It is recommended to have a minimum of 4 gigs of ram but I got by with just two. Did have to install an older version of the J2534 toolbox because the current version is not compatible with SDD hardware specs. It takes 7 to 10 hours to download and install the SDD software, perform current updates, download and install the guided diagnostic software and the vehicle as built files. The SDD software is not user friendly and tech support is via email only. Plus 167 pounds, around $300.00 Canadian for 24 hours access to programming files and capability.

Not a money making job for sure, probably never have to do another or at least I hope not. The only reason I attempted this is cause the nearest dealer is 800 klm away.
              How much would tow call cost them-??
              Also if you're doing it for an Insurance company, do you think any of them would save you any money-??
              Charge what a tow call would have cost them.
              They'd still have the reflash to pay for as well.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Land Rover, VW, Audi programming

I say Screw That. I worked on an older Audi A-8 ,that looks like someone shared my sentiment and actually acted on it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...