Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scrappyloz
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by andyo15
    Hi,i'm not an expert but i had one of these till recently,the 2.2 is the last unit you can get,it is the backlit version,there is a MTG2500 which is coloured and has graphing.The red cartridges were model specific and could not be updated but the black ones could-of course they don't update any more.The latest version in UK was 9.4 which was the last quarter of 2009,rare and expensive,i'm talking about the 'all makes pvci cartridge'.I had 8.4 which is the end of 2008-they seem to cover up to the previous year so mine covered up to 2007.You should easily get an all makes of 7.? which also has the generic obd and would just about make all your red cartridges obsolete,obviously to use the old carts you need the necessary leads and keys.Presume you are using a good DL16 lead with your keys and turning ignition on and picking correct model from the line up?.I now have an up to date Ethos and before i sold the Mt2500 i tested them side by side and even with the 8.4 there was very little difference but the old brick does function tests which the Ethos doesn't.I also paid good money for a troubleshooter cartridge, but it rarely had anything helpful if any info at all so i wouldn't waste money on that,if you need to connect to cars after 2005 you will end up needing the CAN 1 B lead by the way.Hope this is some help.
    Hi thanks for the really informative reply. I was worried that due to getting a no connection all the time with my generic obd cartridge that I had a faulty scanner or lead. Yesterday a friend of mine was having a problem with his 1999 vw polo so i plugged my scanner in with the DL-16 lead and generic obd/eobd cartridge and as usual it asked for the s7 key and with the ignition on it gave me the typical no connection message. . Luckily I had a vw cartridge so i put that in and using the same DL16 lead and s7 key it connected straight away and gave me the fault codes. I believe that my cartridge itself is either faulty or fake. The fact that it is a grey catridge also worries me.

Do you know if snap on will replace it for free? or ill but a good one off of ebay.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

• Eduardo
      Banned
      • Jan 2012

Luckily I had a vw cartridge so i put that in and using the same DL16 lead and s7 key it connected straight away and gave me the fault codes. I believe that my cartridge itself is either faulty or fake. The fact that it is a grey catridge also worries me.
      I don't think your Global cartridge is fake because it is just generic code reader, maybe the codes in that Polo were manufacturer's codes and only VW cartridge could read it?

Comment

• scrappyloz
        • Jan 2012

Just thought i would keep you updated. I finally got my stupid eobd cartridge to connect to a 2001 Jaguar S-type. Compared to the manufacture cartridges the information it gives is rubbish. I really wouldn't recommend it over the manufacture cartridges.

Comment

• jesus
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by scrappyloz
          Just thought i would keep you updated. I finally got my stupid eobd cartridge to connect to a 2001 Jaguar S-type. Compared to the manufacture cartridges the information it gives is rubbish. I really wouldn't recommend it over the manufacture cartridges.
          ever figure out what the 3.7 Cart did? car models? etc..

Comment

• Crusty
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jesus
            ever figure out what the 3.7 Cart did? car models? etc..
            I think you're chasing an old thread here. Some of the people in this thread havn't been around much lately. Too bad though.

Comment

Working...